Company: Bonadio Group, The
Posted on: January 16, 2020
OverviewKick off your public accounting career at a great
workplace. We know how to get high-quality recruits up to speed in
public accounting. Once youre in the door, our workstyle and
benefits package will keep you here. We are currently recruiting
entry level Assistant Accountants to work with the audit, tax and
SBA teams at--multiple New York office locations. The successful
candidate will provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of
client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with
principal/partner and client expectations. This role requires the
ability to work in a changeable client-service environment and to
create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions,
being effective listeners and communicators, and providing creative
solutions through targeted resources and technical
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements/tax returns
in addition to other accounting/audit assignments.
- Effectively apply technology tools and software in assigned
- Recognize and proactively support the fact that the firm is in
the business of providing quality client service.
- Anticipate problems and issues, and keep the senior/manager
informed of engagement/project status.
- Comply with firm practice management and quality control
procedures and systems.
- Develop awareness of budget constraints vs. quantity of work
needed on files.
- Contribute to fostering an environment of team work.
- Maintain and promote ethical and firm values in conducting
internal and external business activities.Key Objectives:
- Become familiar with the firms policies and procedures.
- Learn the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct
of the AICPA.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, GAO,
- Prepare clear and concise working papers.
- Prepare meaningful and well written recommendations for
inclusion in client correspondence.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and apply accounting
principles and auditing procedures.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare tax returns (as applicable)
- Work independently on bookkeeping and account reconciliations
both in the office and at client location (as applicable for
- Develop positive working relationships with clients.
- Develop an ability to effectively respond to questions from
supervisors and clients.
- Strengthen ability to actively listen and question
appropriately to gain full understanding.
- Effectively apply technology tools in assigned areas.
- Display substantial progress toward CPA license, including
passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Accounting w/150 credit
hours needed to qualify for CPA
- CPA certification or progress towards completion
- Computer proficiency and ability to effectively use firm
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
i.e. client presentations, industry articles, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at peak client
service delivery times
- Desire to seek involvement in professional and community
- Ability to develop and sustain business relationships for the
purpose of increasing the firms client base
- Ability to be autonomous and to handle and manage multiple
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
skills--HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Our summer hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through
Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to noon on Friday.--
- The ability to work additional hours during busy season is
critical, but the rest of the year, flexibility is key.----In the
fast-changing accounting industry, The Bonadio Group is always on
the cutting edge of growth and innovation. Top-rated employee
policies keep our workforce energized and advancing, and because of
our many teams and specialty services, we offer more paths to
partnership, including non-traditional arrangements. Add to that
our robust training and mentoring programs, and the opportunities
for growth really add up. Truly, at Bonadio, your trajectory is
limitless. We are the nations 46th largest CPA and consulting firm,
and the biggest in Upstate New York. Get on board, grow with us,
and find your path to partnership. Apply today!--We are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: Bonadio Group, The, Albany , Assistant Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!