Company: Nexus Staff
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Title: Accountant 1, Albany Office of Financial
The Department of Financial Services (Client) is seeking applicants
for the position of Accountant 1 in the Office of Financial
Management. Under the general supervision of the Senior Accountant,
the duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Identify and contact by email, companies billed for examiner
billing, Financial Services Law Section 206 banking and insurance
assessment and retaliatory taxes that have not signed up for the
Client ePay portal and provide necessary instructions.
2. Contact by email, delinquent examiner billing companies and
follow up for payment.
3. Contact companies signed up for Client ePay and confirm the
4. Respond to queries regarding delinquent notices for examiner
billing, retaliatory taxes, and excess line.
5. Review prior year revenue documentation for record retention
period guidelines and identify documentation that need to be send
to the archives.
6. Prepare necessary documentation for the Fire Insurance Fee audit
and contact companies as necessary.
7. Perform general clerical duties including opening and filing
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Highly organized and careful worker, highly self-motivated and
capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
3. High level of discretion handling confidential matters.
4. Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining a high
level of attention to detail.
5. Word processing skills/abilities are a mandatory component of
the assignment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is required.
6. The Accountant 1 must have knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP) is necessary. Knowledge of automated
accounting systems is expected. Prepare, examine, or analyze
accounting records, financial statements,
or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and
conformance to reporting and procedural
standards. Report findings to management. Assign entries to proper
accounts. Adhere to all document record keeping and
accounting systems procedures, making use of current computer
Keywords: Nexus Staff, Albany , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!