Albany Hub PT Dispatch Supervisor
Company: United Parcel Service Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Summary The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for
reviewing UPS Dispatch activity to ensure timely and proficient
He/She oversees Dispatch planning and is responsible for ensuring
service, safety, and cost goals are met. This position supervises
others within the department. The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor
collaborates with others (e.g., Yard Control Supervisors, Drivers,
Region Schedulers, etc.) to ensure Dispatch plans are executed
efficiently. He/She supervises Dispatch planning to ensure loads
and tractors are assigned to drivers to meet service goals. This
position reviews and analyzes data (e.g., volume, missed packages,
delivery failures, etc.) to create plans maximizing Dispatch
results. The Feeder Dispatch Supervisor reviews drivers' hours of
service daily to ensure compliance with regulations (e.g.
Department of Transportation, etc.). He/She plans yard operations
staffing to ensure adequate shifters and drivers are available for
load volume. - Other Duties
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to reduce overtime costs.
- Advise Automotive of equipment repair needs to ensure equipment
is in good condition.
- Monitor -load movement to identify opportunities to reduce
- Reviews daily service reports with Hub Supervisors to address
- Reviews daily service reports to verify service levels are
- Conduct hazardous material audits to ensure safe handling
information is posted in trailers per DOT regulations.
- Reviews safety reports (e.g., Driver Vehicle Inspection Report
[DVIR] Car Condition Report [CCR], and Powered Industrial Truck
Operator Report [PITO]) to comply with regulations.
- Monitors shifter performance to ensure trailers are moved to
correct locations in the yard on time.
- Verifies trailers are loaded and empty as planned to ensure
accuracy. -Preferred Competencies
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate
information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes
work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate detail -when
requested; maintains organized files.
- Hub Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper
processes, procedures and methods for hub operations; demonstrates
a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment and technology used in
- Ground Transportation Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains
proper processes, procedures and methods within ground
transportation; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools,
equipment and technology used in ground transportation
- Labor Relations Knowledge: Understands basic labor principles
and practices; recognizes the importance of positive relationships
with unionized employees; identifies unionized employees' basic
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains
proper processes, procedures and methods for small package
operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools,
equipment, and technology used within the operation.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a
basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures
of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership
position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety. - MINIMUM
- Experience supervising others - Preferred
- Ability to work flexible shift hours and possibly on the
weekends - Preferred -
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on
the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law
We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Senior Accountant,
Residential Real Estate Agent, and Retail Sales Representative and
others in the Accounting and Finance to apply.
Keywords: United Parcel Service Inc., Albany , Albany Hub PT Dispatch Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Latham, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!