Day School Teacher l Full-Time Year-Round
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Sugarbush Resort in
Warren, VTDay School Teacher l Full-Time Year-RoundPlease note that
this position is based in Warren, VT, and requires relocation for
candidates that do not reside within commuting distance.Warren,
VTRESORT OVERVIEW:RESPECT l INTEGRITY l TEAMWORK l SUSTAINABILITY
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the
best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school,
mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a
fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join
an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest
experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at
Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to
offer.BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S
IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the
family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible
employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for
eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest,
relax and recharge.
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match.
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Employee housing (subject to availability).POSITION SUMMARY:The
Sugarbush Day School is seeking a Lead Teacher to join our team!
The Day School is a state-licensed daycare for children ages 6
weeks to 6 years of age. The Lead Teacher will be responsible for
the development and facilitation of programs for specific age
groups and room assigned (Nursery, Toddler, or PreK) and
communicate with parents about programs and progress of
- This position makes decisions about the operation of an entire
room or group of children relating to education, entertainment,
discipline, and scheduling.
- Supervises 2 to 7 employees.
- Assist Director with administrative functions, including but
not limited to scheduling and accounting.
- Assist in the daily supervision of assistants, train new
employees, plan and issue daily work assignments, assist with
problem-solving and recordkeeping for assigned room.
- Have knowledge of and the ability to communicate overall
policies and functions of entire facility.
- Perform safety inspections on a regular basis. Keep a safety
- Assist with opening/closing procedures and cleaning of facility
on a daily basis.
- Serve on various Resort committees.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional,
intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program for
- Feed the children according to schedule set forth.
- Ensure that the equipment used daily and facility (room area)
are cleaned thoroughly and remain a safe environment at all
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ensure that children are supervised at all times and in
compliance with Non-Recurring Childcare guidelines
- Provide opportunities for sleep and rest.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel
- Implement positive discipline when needed.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the children and other
- CDA, or Associates Degree in Early Childhood and two (2) years
experience with group of children, or BA/BS with four (4) higher
education courses in early childhood related topics and two (2)
years experience with groups of children, or three (3) years
successful experience in a licensed facility and four (4) higher
education courses completed in early childhood related topics.
- Three (3) positive childcare references.
- Annual CPR Certification.
- Biannual First Aid Certification.
- Minimum of nine (9) hours training annually, focusing on the
skills and competencies related to the ages or developmental stages
of the children in the Caregiver's Group.
- Must demonstrate an active interest in pursuing further
knowledge in current childcare trends.
- Basic understanding of child development and stages.
- Understanding of safe and appropriate practices for
- An understanding of Resort Childcare, and Non-Recurring
- Possess sensitivity and cultural awareness.Sugarbush Resort is
an Equal Opportunity EmployerAn offer of employment may be
contingent upon the results of a background, MVR, or criminal
Keywords: Sugarbush, Albany , Day School Teacher l Full-Time Year-Round, Education / Teaching , Peru, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!