Water Resources Engineer
Company: Colliers Engineering & Design
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Overview:Colliers Engineering & Design is currently seeking a
Water Resources Engineer to join our Water group. Our Water
Discipline is growing, and we have exciting projects to engage
motivated engineers who enjoy working on a variety of projects on
or near the water. Our projects are unique designs and provide a
diverse array of interesting work to keep our staff challenged and
engaged. Our upcoming project portfolio includes jobs on some of
the largest infrastructure projects in the country. Our water
resources clients backlog is strong, and we are seeking engineers
with an interest and expertise in all aspects of water resources.
Join our Water team and build your career alongside the best our
industry has to offer. We value our employees and actively work to
keep them engaged in our collaborative team environment. The
success of our employees is the success of our firm. Whether
providing hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and modeling for
evaluating, rehabilitating or designing new locks, dams, levees,
hydropower features, flood risk management, ecosystem restoration,
and other waterway and waterfront projects and features, joining
the Colliers Engineering & Design Team will accelerate YOUR
- Water resources engineering for design and evaluation of
waterway structures, locks, dams, dam safety, hydropower, flood
risk management, ecosystem restoration, and waterfront facility
design and rehabilitation projects.
- Select hydrologic approach and modeling tools, set up and solve
surface water hydrology problems.
- Select hydraulic approach and modeling tools, set up and solve
open channel and closed conduit hydraulic problems for dams, levee
systems, conduits, local flood protection project features,
stormwater facilities, ecosystem restoration, and waterfront
- Conduct safety and condition inspection surveys for condition
evaluation or in support of design efforts investigate variables,
obtain measurements, photographs, videos, and take notes; write
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques and
procedures, using own judgement to make adaptations and
modifications to existing designs.
- Help to prepare construction documents (plans and
- Lead and Mentor junior staff to further develop their
understanding of water resources engineering analyses, design, and
- Develop work scopes, technical proposals, and manage the
hydrologic and hydraulic design aspects of projects.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of practice
- MS Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- FE or PE license in the state where office is located, or
ability to obtain.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Keen interest and passion in application of hydrology and
hydraulics to the field of water resources engineering.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Specific H&H project or school experience a
plus.Compensation $72,000 - $84,000 DOQ.What We Offer:At Colliers
Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource.
Thats why we are committed to providing all our employees with a
safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career
advancement, and the ability to impact society through their
projects as well as Company sponsored activities. This dedication
begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous
compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental,
and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and
long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched
401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military
leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a
straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable
hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week. We
have also created an internal culture that provides the resources
and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth
opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house
resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses;
mentorship program; wellness program; Womens Organization and
ongoing philanthropic opportunities. Apply today to learn how you
can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate
Keywords: Colliers Engineering & Design, Albany , Water Resources Engineer, Engineering , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!