Project Engineer- Water Resources
Company: Bergmann Associates
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Project Engineer- Water Resources
Bergmann is seeking a Project Engineer - Water Resources in Albany, NY to work in local, statewide and national markets, as a team member, providing water resources expertise in hydrology and hydraulics for dam safety/dam rehabilitation, flood risk management, floodplain management, highway/bridge, ecosystem restoration, stormwater management, and inland navigation.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing:
* Make decisions independently regarding engineering complexities and methods
* Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, etc. in order to plan and design a project
* Prepare or modify reports, specifications, plans, schedules and designs for project
* Assist in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects
* Prepare design calculations and quantity estimates
* Research code issues
* Review shop drawings from contractors
* Understand and create full set construction documentation, including specifications; develop probable construction cost estimates
* Coordinate with project manager on design QA/QC
* Coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who are part of the project team
* Provide oversight and training to design engineers and other staff members
* May assist in tracking project financial budgets by verifying that their portion of a project is on budget including time spent by production staff working directly for Project Engineer on that project
* May attend client meetings, prepare presentation materials, and/or present on technical topics
* May perform field inspections, research, measurements, or calculations and document same
* May serve as on-site project representative
* Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers, support and build others on the team and across disciplines/offices.
* Be responsive to others and share information to improve efficiency and help others achieve goals; listen and engage in productive and critical debate.
* Suggest new ideas and processes; stay informed of developments in practice areas; view obstacles as opportunities.
Relationship to Others:
* Reports directly to Discipline Leader or Project, Discipline, or Department Manager
* Works in close collaboration with project teams
* May assign tasks to and oversee work of drafters, designers, and design engineers
Education, Experience, Certifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A minimum 10 years experience in water resources engineering, and NY Professional Engineer s license are required for this position. Any project management experience would be a plus. Experience with the NYSDEC Part 673 dam safety regulations, New York State Canal Corporation, New York State Office of General Services and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation would also be a plus.
* Bachelors of Science in Engineering in related discipline from an accredited university required
* Proficient in use and understanding of the appropriate CAD and/or applicable design software
* Able to resolve design complexities at an advanced level
* Thoroughly understands total project design process
Bergmann Associates is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Bergmann Associates will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here:
Keywords: Bergmann Associates, Albany , Project Engineer- Water Resources, Engineering , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!