Customer Support Engineer II/III (X-Ray) - Upstate NY
Company: Carl Zeiss Microscopy LLC
Posted on: April 17, 2019
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER II/III (X-RAY) - UPSTATE NY
UPSTATE NEW YORK, USA
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop
exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s
focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an
open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
Intermediate level position requires frequent use and general
knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards required
to provide service on assigned systems manufactured by ZEISS
Microscopy. In this capacity, will develop solutions to a variety
of problems typically of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to
policies and practices for guidance. Works under general
supervision such that work may be reviewed for overall adequacy and
accuracy. Contributes to the completion of organizational
priorities and goals. May provide guidance to less senior field
* Must successfully complete all proscribed technical training to
acquire an in depth knowledge of assigned company equipment
* Under limited supervision and following established protocols,
provide a full range of installation services and preventive and
corrective maintenance, on the assigned set of systems manufactured
by ZEISS Microscopy.
* Using established guidelines, train customers on routine to
advanced system operation and maintenance.
* May be trained on 3rd party systems, accessories or software as
assigned by management, and possesses knowledge concerning the
operation and ability to troubleshoot and support those items.
* May be trained to conduct special site or system environmental
analysis tests as assigned by management, and has the ability to
use this knowledge to diagnose system problems or qualify sites as
* Following proscribed procedures, correctly order and obtain spare
parts and also expedite the return of any defective materials as
may be required.
* Liaise and schedule assigned service activities with the customer
and ensure ZEISS Service Management, Customer Interaction Center,
and when appropriate, the Sales Account Manager is kept aware as
* Serves as the ZEISS customer interface for all service matters,
including coordinating any service sub-contractor activity as may
* Complete all necessary forms and reports in support of department
and company data collection efforts such as but not limited to,
expense reports, service reports, quality reports, etc. in
prescribed timeframe as established by management.
* Properly care for all ZEISS tools and assets as may be made
available during the execution of assigned responsibilities.
* Perform PM s within their scheduled timeframe
* Assists other Customer Support Engineers and customers to
diagnose system problems via telephone, email as well as when on
* Respect, live and share with internal and external customers, the
* Other duties as assigned by manager
* 4 year degree or technical certificate in technical/scientific
discipline, related military electronics experience or an
equivalent combination of training and experience such as 5+ years
direct experience building, maintaining, installing, and/or
repairing similarly complex automated electromechanical
* Advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot problems in
software, electronics, optics and electron optics, high voltage,
high vacuum, mechanical, and electro mechanical systems
* Experienced with Windows operating environments and word
processing and or email applications as well as with databases or
* Ability to read and understand electrical or mechanical
engineering documentation and schematics.
* May provide OJT training to less experienced CSE s on the general
maintenance and support of assigned equipment.
* Proven ability to work successfully as an individual contributor
or as part of a team.
* Solid communication skills, able to converse readily in English,
both verbally and in writing. (German a plus.)
* Strong administrative skills
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in
dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual
development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your
work. We care about our employees and take particular
responsibility for improving society and preserving our
environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at
ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than
10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled employer Online Application
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Microscopy LLC, Albany , Customer Support Engineer II/III (X-Ray) - Upstate NY, Engineering , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!