Senior Engineer Advanced Services
Posted on: October 13, 2019
The Sr Network Implementation Engineer is responsible for
implementing, developing, supporting, and designing voice, data,
and network systems for a diverse client base, ensuring all
products offered meet the highest industry standards. This includes
design, implementation and operation skills, troubleshooting, and
ongoing client support for all network elements and Cisco
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure, install, and support Cisco Unified Communications
products including Unified Communications Manager, Unity
Connection, Presence, and Call Center Express.
- Configure and implement voice gateways as part of the IP
telephony system, managing full scope of project.
- Identify and recommend hardware and support solutions based on
research and analysis of new technologies, providing technical
expertise to sales engineering teams, and interfacing with
customers during both the decision and implementation phase.
- Configure LAN switches to industry standards.
- Provide systems administration training to clients, ensuring
they know how to utilize the products.
- Provide systems support for data center solutions including
hardware and operating systems, storage and storage area networks,
workload and data center automation, data center networking, data
center security, backup and recovery, business continuity, and
End-User Computing (EUC).
- Configure Cisco routers and switches, sniffers (wire shark),
data shapers, protocol analyzers, and VPN technology.
- Understand and provide support to current Cisco Unified
Collaboration Solutions, products, and applications.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to the company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience working with
Cisco based platforms in a service provider environment.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Cisco Unified
Collaboration Solutions including Cisco Call Manager, Unity
Voicemail, Cisco Voice Gateways, and Cisco IPCC.
- Experience with Ethernet design/deployment, focused on MEF
- Functional working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS variants
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to install
technology during customer down times.
- Ability to communicate professionally through all types of
media with associates, management, customers, and vendors. Must
have strong work ethic and be reliable. Ability to work
independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with
emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Familiarity with MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP a plus.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required. Cisco
- Expert is preferred or ability to complete the minimum CCNP
certification within two years of hire.
- Ability to minimally demonstration CCNP skill set level via lab
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Valid drivers license in good standing. Ability to pass drug
and criminal background checks for access to customer
Keywords: FirstLight, Albany , Senior Engineer Advanced Services, Engineering , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!