Municipal Solutions Manager
Company: Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly
traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of
waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than
2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire,
Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in
more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and
dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the
northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the
health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating
impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing
and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow
for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep
understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a
culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally
from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to
safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and
that our employees are the stewards of our region's breathtaking
natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated
people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Municipal Solutions Manager fosters and maintains relationships
with new and existing business accounts by delivering service
excellence, providing innovative customer solutions to unique
business needs, and identifying service enhancements for customers
that increase customer loyalty, retains long-term business, and
provides opportunities for increased growth. The qualified
candidate will maintain and grow its municipal customer base within
the state of New York.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Retention and Business Development Requirements
- Maintains positive client relationships with key decision
makers by managing each assigned contract renewal process to ensure
maximized service for the customer and profitability for
- Effectively communicates and exchanges account information
between all Casella operating entities to ensure all necessary
colleagues are part of the decision making process and enables
- Provides primary point of contact for municipal customer
- Facilitates, executes and supports municipal bid management for
Massachusetts activities. Leverages resources across organization
to assist in bid compilation, document completion and opportunity
- Develops and executes a strategic plan and implements
innovative new solutions to maximize the customers value and
profitability to Casella. Provides opportunities to implement
continuous improvements to customer programs and identifies cross
selling opportunities for other Casella lines of business.
- Fosters collaborative relationships company-wide to identify
innovative solutions to customer business needs and ensure the
delivery of comprehensive services to customers.
- Coordinates and communicates profit and loss (P&L) impacts
by customer and assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Maintains new business pipeline and contract retention
activities; utilizing customer relationship management tools to
track all activities and applicable information.
- Identifies and communicates market trends, opportunities and
challenges. Coordinates, organizes and leads quarterly update with
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to
expand knowledge of the company and its products and services and
performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill
our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Community & Government Relations
- Develops and implements proactive strategy for community
engagement efforts within customer base in collaboration with
Corporate and Regional resources. As applicable, supports community
engagement efforts with select identified Casella facilities.
- As applicable, supports or leads facility open house events as
directed by Corporate and Regional leadership.
- Participates in applicable networking events, conferences and
other local or industry organizations.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and strategic selling and negotiation
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation
- Demonstrated sales results and track record of success
- Qualify develop and manage business opportunities
- Proficient use of Office 365 and related platforms
- Minimum 5-7 years "Business to Business" sales
- History of succeeding in collaborative, team environments
- Experience or interest in environmental and or sustainability
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant sales certifications
- Sales schools
- Valid driver's license
- Travel - 60%
- Periodic overnight travel for regional training It is
impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any
position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position
may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may
change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not
comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to
adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description.
The Company also retains the right to require all employees to
undertake additional or different job responsibilities when
necessary to meet business needs.---Casella Waste Systems is an
equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
Keywords: Casella Waste Systems, Inc., Albany , Municipal Solutions Manager, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!