Catering Manager 2
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Unit Description:Get Behind the Magic!
This account will fall under the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a
difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint
Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating
our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to
empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food &
facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and
make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers.
SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo
segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools,
Sodexo Universities is hiring a Catering Manager 2 at University of
Albany! The University at Albany, is an institution that offers
more than 50 undergraduate majors and about 120 master's programs.
It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 12,908, its setting is
suburban, and the campus size is 610 acres. This location is a
newly renovated addition to the retail operating space on campus
catering to students, faculty and VIP clientele, with a projected
managed volume of $1.7 million.
This position assist with inventory control, linen and china
rentals. Our successful candidate will be an expert at finding out
what our customers want and exceeding customer expectations. The
role here at Naz due to our size/volume is very hands on it is not
a solely an executive or "desk" position. Manager will be active in
assisting the setup, execution and break down of events.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three consecutive years of food service experience in high
volume catering management;
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular
emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high
end catering experience;
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge
and food and beverage cost controls;
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing,
menu development and will be responsible for the training and
development of front-line hourly employees and managers
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop
and maintain professional, positive working relationships with
multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate
ideas, thoughts, opinions professionally and clearly within all
levels of client and Sodexo's organizations,
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Identify internal and external customer needs and
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers
and promote partnerships
- Promote a customer and client centered culture that strives to
exceed customer and client needs
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth
and track resultsCareers in Universities:Working for Sodexo in
Universities allows you to support students on their path to
adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university
campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and
learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student
success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed,
safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained
environment they are more likely to succeed.Position
Summary:Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size
location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium
complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering
events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of
catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food
production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference
service events. Works with client and customers to design
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and
resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and
deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including
both food and physical safety in order to comply with all
regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the
Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e.
labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing
activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements:Basic Education Requirement - High
School Diploma or GEDBasic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Albany , Catering Manager 2, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!