Company: KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Together with families and communities, KIPP creates joyful,
academically excellent schools that prepare students with the
skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose-college,
career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a
more just world. KIPP is a national network of tuition-free, public
charter schools open to all students. There are 255
college-preparatory KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of
Columbia, serving more than 100,000 students. Nationally, KIPP
students are graduating four-year colleges at three times the
national average for low-income students.
About KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools
KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools (KIPP Albany) is a
network of high-performing public schools that has been committed
to creating joyful, academically excellent schools in Albany since
2005. KIPP Albany is affiliated with KIPP (Knowledge is Power
Program) Public Schools, a national network of over 10,000
educators serving 160,000 students and alumni. For the 2021-2022
school year, KIPP Albany schools will serve over 1,600 students in
grades K-8 and will employ more than 225 staff. We are committed to
furthering anti-racism, equity, and racial justice in all our
efforts, and expect all of our stakeholders to participate in this
work so that we can create a future without limits for our
Further regional growth is on the horizon with the Troy Prep K-12
schools planning to join the KIPP Albany network (new name TBD) at
the start of the 2022-23 school year. Serving over 2,500 students
in grades K-12 at seven schools across the Capital Region will
allow increased curriculum offerings for students, professional
development for staff, and enhanced family and community
KIPP Albany seeks a driven, collaborative and forward-thinking
Finance Manager to ensure strong financial management practices as
we undergo expansion from 4 to 7 schools by 2023. Reporting to the
Chief Operating Officer, the Finance Manager is responsible for
overseeing all financial functions within KIPP Albany. In doing so,
the Finance Manager will be charged with refining and executing on
the strategic financial vision for KIPP Albany and managing a team
to sustained efficacy in all aspects of finance and accounting. The
Finance Manager manages the Accounting Manager and the external
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Finance Manager include, but
are not limited to:
- Supporting our Schools
- Serve as a thought-partner to school and regional leaders in
all aspects of financial decision-making through strong internal
control and budgeting processes, financial reporting, and
- Support school leaders and Directors of Operations with the
training, tools, and supervision needed to effectively manage
school-level financial operations. Refine and Execute on the
strategic financial vision for KIPP Albany
- Develop, refine, document, and implement organization-wide
processes, reports and dashboards to support effective
communication on all finance matters across the organization.
- Prepares management reports that provide insights into the
organization's performance against its financial plans and related
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of laws and regulations
pertaining to school finance in Albany.
- Refine and maintain appropriate internal controls and related
financial risk management
- Refine and maintain financial models that will inform both near
term and long-term decision making by school and regional
- Support the acquisition and planning for new facilities and
sizeable equipment and technology, determining cost-effective
solutions related to the expansion of the region.
- Develop a strategic financial plan reflecting educational
priorities and sustainability.
- Liaise with the Finance Committee and larger Board on all
finance matters. Manage staff to sustained efficacy in all
- Direct the preparation of reports to meet the compliance needs
of government agencies, grants, and bank covenants.
- Manage accounting staff to successfully prepare for
organizational audits performed by independent financial
- Manage outsourced firm responsible for payroll, accounts
payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, and petty cash.
- Supervise and execute on organizational-wide accounting
practices to ensure continuous compliance in all aspects of
- Support strong grant management and monthly reconciliation of
private dollars. Other Duties
- Other duties as assigned by their manager.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration,
accounting or a related field.
- 5+ years serving in a management role such as Director of
Finance, Controller or equivalent.
- Excellent financial modeling skills, which includes an aptitude
for advanced functions with MS Excel.
- Proficiency in using accounting software.
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills; comfort
explaining complex financial matters in a simple way and an ability
to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to
accommodate a high level of responsibility, multiple priorities and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy
environment with a proven ability to balance multiple deadlines and
tasks. Detail orientation is a must.
- Ability to bring a creative approach to assessing and analyzing
the organization's financial efficiency and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated passion for and a commitment to the KIPP Albany
mission for high quality public education and the character traits
we value: Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social
intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor.
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in or with charter schools and/or other
education, non-profit or public sector organization
Compensation Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience,
and includes benefits.
KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or
ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status
Keywords: KIPP Albany Community Public Charter Schools, Albany , Finance Manager, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!