Strategic Procurement Director
Company: Latham, The Pool Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Primary Role: The Strategic Procurement Director is responsible
for understanding suppliers' industries, current market conditions
and outlooks, future micro and macro trends, and the global
business environment combined with geo-political and socio-economic
trends in order to develop, align, and execute strategic commodity
plans aligned to our global business vision and mission. This
position will be instrumental in supporting Latham to achieve key
performance indicators with the highest quality and service, and
differentiation in our market space. The position will guide and
lead the procurement team in developing strategic procurement
plans, negotiations strategy, long term supply agreements and
ensure the execution of the procurement process. This position will
have a high level of visibility and work with multiple functions in
both direct and indirect spends.
Duties and Responsibilities - Strategic Procurement Director
- Design, implement and execute the organizational strategic
- Develop and drive procurement plans with a formal commodity and
supplier strategy that is in alignment with product, technology,
manufacturing and company goals and objectives.
- Develop key raw material roadmaps for future execution with
aligned objectives to the business. Recommend supply chain and
commodity /technology strategies including possible future
- Develop and execute key metric deliverables such as cost out,
PPV, inflation/deflation, demand coverage, multi-sourcing, quality,
service (on-time) and other critical business elements.
- Be an expert in the market space. Understand feedstocks, value
chains, and impacts on disruptions/capacity changes/market
- Utilize cost modeling and work closely with finance on forward
looking financial impacts to the business for both current
environment and future planning.
- Solve challenges by looking across the entire value chain,
focus on entitlement incorporating continuous improvement and lean
- Develop and maintain strong supplier and internal stakeholder
- Participate in new product development and design to ensure
early procurement process involvement and supplier development.
Lead supplier development process and drive multi-sourcing
- Drive strategic planning in both direct and indirect space.
Improve indirect spend management processes by implementing
processes internally that will increase controlled spending and
ease of use. Engage stakeholders to involve procurement up
- Participate and provide expertise in cross functional projects
and process to ensure smooth procurement workflow with new supplier
creation and processes.
- Help lead, train, and develop the internal procurement team.
Help drive the team to develop, as well as support their execution
of strategic procurement plans and process.
- Perform regular risk analysis, understand, and evaluate cost
and supply implications to the business.
- Communicate key milestones on projects, market and supply
risks, and strategic plans to internal stakeholders through clear
and concise presentations.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications - Senior Procurement Director:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field, Professional
Procurement certification or APICS preferred
- 10+ years progressive commodity management experience in direct
- supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with indirect procurement, e-sourcing, MRO
strategies, services preferred
- Demonstrated ERP experience
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong financial acumen, negotiating skills, strong analytical
- Demonstrated market expertise, preferred expertise in chemicals
and/or commodity space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organized,
analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manual
operations/processes and meet key deliverables while juggling
- Superior communication skills; ability to present clearly,
think quickly on feet, and deliver message to suppliers and to
internal stakeholders up to the CEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.PI181457926
Keywords: Latham, The Pool Company, Albany , Strategic Procurement Director, Executive , Latham, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!