Executive Director, Clinical Development Hematology
Posted on: September 23, 2022
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and
exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When
considering candidates, we look for scientific and business
professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most
importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting
cancer.General Description:The Executive Medical Director will
support BeiGene Clinical and Medical assets by successful
development of early and late phase clinical development strategies
and deliverables in partnership across the organization; with
external vendors; and with external academicians and collaboration
partners. The candidate will report to the Vice President of
Clinical Development Hematology.As a leader in the organization,
the incumbent will be involved with clinical program strategy and
help assure that activities are executed within expected scope,
budget, and timelines. The incumbent will play a key role in the
establishment and growth of Clinical Research functions to assure
best-in-class global capabilities and execution. Specifically, the
incumbent will work closely with colleagues in clinical
development, program leadership, biometrics, clinical operations,
safety/pharmacovigilance, regulatory, molecular diagnostics, and
translational research.Essential Functions of the job:
- Facilitate generation of, author, update, and/or review key
documents, including, but not limited to:
- Protocol concepts, synopses, protocols, and amendments
- Informed consent documents
- Investigator Brochures
- Clinical study reports
- Abstracts, posters and manuscripts
- Clinical sections of INDs (and equivalent applications), NDAs
(and equivalent applications), Annual Reports, and Developmental
Safety Update Reports
- Clinical sections of Health Authority Briefing Documents,
Orphan Drug applications, and annualreports
- Risks / benefits analysis for applicable documents
- Clinical Development Plans
- Partner with clinical operations and other functional areas for
the successful implementation and execution of clinical
- Provide scientific expertise for selection of investigator and
- Provide scientific and medical support throughout conduct of a
clinical trial; respond to clinical questions from sites,
IRBs/IECs, Health Authorities, and CRO's
- Review, query, and analyze clinical trial data
- Interpret, and present clinical trial data both internally and
- Represent a clinical study or development program on one or
more teams or subteams
- Create clinical study or program-related slide decks for
internal and external use
- Build and maintain opinion leader/investigator networks;
organize and present at key opinion leader advisory boards and
- Contribute to or perform therapeutic area/indication research
and competitor analysis
- Build strong relationships with internal experts.
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Identify incremental organizational resource needs staff,
budget, and systems.
- Develop, track, execute and report on goals and
- Support budget planning and management.
- Be accountable for compliant business practices.Required
- Advanced degree (MD or MD equivalent) with subspecialty
training in hematology/oncology (preferred)Required Experience:
- 12 plus years of experience within other biotech/pharmaceutical
or relevant academic credentials
- Previous participation in a clinical development program is
essential, including involvement in all stages of clinical trials
(i.e. from start up to study report), ideally having taken at least
one study through from start to finish in a clinical scientist
- Clinical oncology experience; candidates with exceptional
experience in other therapeutic areas would be considered if they
demonstrated clear potential to apply their existing skills to
- Expert understanding of global clinical study design and drug
development process from discovery to registration and
- High level of communication (written and verbal),
interpersonal, organizational, and cross functional collaboration
- Knowledge of GCP and ICH Guidelines
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in a global setting
- Able to engage in work-related travel approximately 25%
- Strategic leader with demonstrated success building, managing
and developing individuals and teams is preferred.
- Experience with the development and support of related SOPs and
policies is expected.
- Knowledge of industry standard Clinical Development IT
solutions expected.Capabilities and Competencies:
- Executive presence.
- Values based collaborator respectful, accountable and
- Ability to relate and work with a wide range of people to
- Impactful written and verbal scientific communication.
- Successful and superior influencing skills across all levels of
the organization and external collaborators.
- Problem solving and risk-mitigation skills.
- Confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and
- Appreciation of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Ability to build working relations throughout the organization
and with business partners to achieve business goals.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced
- Skilled in multiple computer-based tools, in addition to
software programs such as MS Office.Supervisory Responsibilities:
YesTravel: 10 to 15%Competencies:Ethics - Treats people with
respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and
ethically; Upholds organizational values.Planning/Organizing -
Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows
instructions and responds to management direction.Communication -
Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks
clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes
clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written
information.Teamwork - Balances team and individual
responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to
building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own
interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Contributes to
building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with
others.Adaptability Able to adapt to changes in the work
environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method
to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events.Technical Skills - Assesses own
strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities
for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
Shares expertise with others.Dependability - Follows instructions,
responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own
actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when
necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.Quality - Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work
to ensure quality.Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse
information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and
experience to complement data.Problem Solving - Identifies and
resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes
information skillfully.Project Management - Communicates changes
and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.We are proud to
be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national
origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate
law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications,
merit, and business need.
Keywords: BeiGene, Albany , Executive Director, Clinical Development Hematology, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!