Medical Director, Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
CDPHP and its family of companies are mission-driven
organizations that support the health and well-being of our
customers and the communities we are proud to serve. CDPHP was
founded in Albany in 1984 as a physician-guided not-for-profit, and
currently offers health plans in 29 counties in New York state. In
addition, for the 14th year in a row, CDPHP has been named one of
the top companies to work for in New York state by the Best
Companies Group. CDPHP values integrity, diversity, and innovation,
and its corporate culture supports those values wholeheartedly. At
CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are encouraged to make an
impact at both the company and community levels through engagement
and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP invests in employees who share
these values and invites you to be a part of that experience. The
Behavioral Health Medical Director provides physician leadership to
the administration of plan benefits to meet the behavioral health
and physical health needs of CDPHP members. The Behavioral Health
Medical Director is responsible for clinical functions including
Utilization Management, Quality Improvement, Credentialing and
Pharmacy for Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Disorders.
Additionally, the Behavioral Health Medical Director will partner
with the senior leadership team to develop and execute strategies
to advance Behavioral Health services within the CDPHP network.
This is a hybrid role. QUALIFICATIONS:
- New York State Medical License without restriction (or
willingness to attain a NYS medical license) required.
- Board Certification in Adult Psychiatry required.
- Board Certification in Addiction Medicine or Addiction
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a clinical or
managed care setting (at least 2 of which are in a clinical
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use disorder services
and practices, including a broad knowledge of treatment techniques,
therapeutic procedures, and discharge planning required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel,
Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute
strategic plans and objectives and work effectively in a matrixed
environment across business lines.
- Strong project management, planning, facilitation, and
relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple
partners to positively affect outcomes at the team, organization,
and member level.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, concise, statistical
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify problems, as well
as recommend and/or implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships both internally
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing and fast-paced
- Full Time: Hybrid (remote and onsite) Work As an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will not
discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race,
color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital
status, citizenship, disability, criminal record, genetic
information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect
to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status,
protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected
under applicable law. To that end, all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to any such
protected status.CDPHP and its family of companies include
subsidiaries Acuitas Health LLC, Strategic Solutions Management
Consultants (SSMC), Practice Support Services (PSS), and ConnectRX
Keywords: CDPHP, Albany , Medical Director, Behavioral Health, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!