Assistant Store Manager
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in
the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class
parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive
aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw,
Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 4,000 Team Members with decades of
experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to
deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with
expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 300 locations,
including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member
locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and
21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business
partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Assistant Store Manager assists the store manager in planning
and directing the day-to-day operations of a retail store which
sells replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor
vehicles. Assists in executing store sales and operational goals.
Develops strategies to improve customer service, fostering a
positive culture and a strong sense of team by coaching, mentoring,
training and retaining a knowledgeable team. Provides excellent
customer service by ensuring customer needs are met, complaints are
resolved, and service is quick and efficient. This position has
been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and knowledge to ensure
compliance with all company policies and procedures while
instilling the Corporate Vision, Mission and Values into daily
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities.
- Participate in the interviewing, selection, training,
evaluation and retention of store personnel. Supervise store
personnel when manager is not present. Participates in employee and
- Protect and maintain the security of store assets.
- Ensure compliance with all inventory and operational
- Manage toward a positive cash flow by achieving sales forecast,
managing payroll costs (including controlling overtime) and
controlling operating expenses.
- Work closely with the sales department in promotions, SPIFFs,
displays and other marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers.
Handle customer complaints effectively and positively. Call on
customers as necessary.
- Manage the physical appearance of stock and stores.
- Prepare store employee schedules to ensure coverage of all
shifts and positions. Has the knowledge and ability to perform all
positions and shifts if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivilent is required.
- 1-3 years sales experience in aftermarket auto parts
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work
- Demonstrated organizational and comprehensive skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product
- Experience with MS Office products.
- Must maintain a valid drivers license that meets the criteria
under company policy.
- Required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the
business which may require night and weekend shifts.
- Required to work the hours necessary to open and/or close the
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Days, Nights, Weekend, HolidaysFull-timeAP NY Albany-10270
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Albany , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!