Environmental Permitting/Compliance Project Manager
Company: WSP USA
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Environmental Permitting/Compliance Project ManagerReq ID
8715Environmental Permitting/Compliance Project ManagerWho We AreAt
WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate.
Were looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to
collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To
do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets,
backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work
environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of
our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through
our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional
diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with
the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our
commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work
environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP
employee. Come join us and help shape the future!Our BusinessWe are
a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with
the recent acquisition of Golder - with world-class expertise in
environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency &
sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over
14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating
daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm
foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable
development to combat climate change.As part of the team, you will
have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless
opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse
teammates from across the globe.This OpportunityWSP is currently
initiating a search for an Environmental Permitting/Compliance
Project Manager with experience permitting energy projects in New
England and New York. The following locations will be considered:
Merrimack, NH and Albany, NY . Be involved in projects with our
Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization
that meets our clients objectives and solves their
challenges.Provides high level technical assistance and guidance
for the collection, identification, compiling, and analysis of
observational and spatial data concerning a variety of biological,
physical, and earth sciences. Provides support and guidance for
multi-site/phase environmental work and environmental permitting
projects. Develops processes and infrastructure relating to water
supply, air emission, pollution control, cultural impact, and
preserving the quality of the environment by identifying,
controlling, and preventing disruption to environmental systems and
species caused by human activity. Ensures that documentation and
recommendations accurately describe the results of analyses and
addresses environmental impact and long-term ecological risks.
Assists project leadership with environmental impact assessment,
corrective/mitigation strategy development, permitting, and/or
restoration activities. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered
and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds
acceptable industry standards.Your Impact
- Lead and/or support project development and delivery
(proposals, project management, client relations, senior reviews,
team development and training).
- Developing strong working relationships with a variety of
clients, teaming partners and WSP staff.
- Coordinating, guiding, and overseeing other team members and
- Conduct environmental permitting for renewable energy
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from multidisciplinary
- Prepare and review technical reports and analyses, and permit
- Attention and commitment to timely completion of high quality
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Managing and mentoring staff.
- Technical writing and report preparation, leading planning
studies related to siting, feasibility studies/critical issues
analyses, state and federal level compliance documentation, risk
identification and risk management strategies.
- Coordinate with project managers, task managers, project team
technical leads, subconsultants, and other disciplines such as
planning, siting, engineering, and PM/CM team members.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources, and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business
needs.Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Natural
Resource Management, or a related life sciences field.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working as an environmental
scientist and completing environmental surveys, fieldwork, habitat
and impact assessments, and/or construction monitoring.
- Prior experience with GIS software and Trimble GPS units and
ability to use technology for data collection.
- Working knowledge of state and federal energy
- Experience with task or project management, client relationship
management, and interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing, and research
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
- Demonstrated experience contributing to technical reports,
preparing environmental impact evaluations, siting reports, and
environmental permit applications, including field surveys and
reporting, and resource and impact evaluations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects
including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail,
multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic
work environment.Preferred Qualifications
- Masters Degree is preferred.
- Essential professional licensure/certification.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.Additional
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.Additional Details
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MERRIMACK - AL PAUL LANE
- All locations: US-NY-AlbanyAbout WSPWSP USA is the U.S.
operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering
and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local
communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts,
strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP
USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation,
energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000
employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our
clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.comWSP provides a
flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client
needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of
benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and
retirement savings focused on providing health and financial
stability throughout the employees career.At WSP, we want to give
our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and
knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be
essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are
you ready to get started?WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is
an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected
Veteran Status.The selected candidate must be authorized to work in
the United States.
Keywords: WSP USA, Albany , Environmental Permitting/Compliance Project Manager, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!