Manager, Real Estate Customer Relationship (Hybrid)
Company: National Grid
Posted on: November 26, 2022
National Grid is hiring a Real Estate Customer Relationship Manager
for our Property Strategy department in Massachusetts or New
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.
Drive towards an engaging, agile, equitable, and cost-efficient
workplace experience supporting National Grid's passion to deliver
a clean, fair and affordable energy future. Partner with National
Grid's Integrated Service Partner, Facilities, Capital Delivery,
and others to develop a real estate strategy aligning with the
customer's needs. Provide examples of possible strategies to
implement and procure a leased or owned location, develop a
consolidation opportunity, and dispose of an asset. Strive to
support and help drive the overall business relationship between
the Real Estate and Workplace Strategy Team and its customers.
* Manage a team delivering strong engagement and professional
* Lead others by example, providing learning experiences to develop
the team for success.
* Manage and oversee the real estate portfolio mitigating risk.
* Develop and manage real estate strategies driving positive
* Focus on delivering specific jurisdiction strategies while
maintaining policies and procedures.
* Lead and influence as necessary, the entire transaction process
end to end (site selection, RFP process, develop recommendations,
and lease or PSA negotiations.)
* Perform technical feasibility, financial and cost studies in
preparation for obtaining required approvals.
* Create and implement policies and procedures ensuring effective
controls and governance.
* Develop strong alliances with key contacts representing National
Grid interests and to initiate appropriate escalations and
remediation efforts as necessary.
* Partner with Real Estate's Rate Case development, provide support
to the finance organization and represent National Grid with
* Provides real estate information and knowledge to management, and
internal organizations (legal, accounting, regulatory, community
relations), as well as external customers and real estate
professionals, in supporting the accomplishment of complex
transactions and special assignments.
* Assists in ensuring timely corporate reporting, and compliance
with real estate requirements and contract terms to ensure the
avoidance of default conditions.
* Partner with other departments within National Grid for the
successful delivery of all projects.
* Other duties as assigned
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including human resource
management, negotiations and communications.
* Must possess strong contract negotiation skills.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
and be able to establish effective working relationships with both
internal and external customers at all levels.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, Management or
equivalent with a minimum of 15 years work experience (minimum 5
years leading others).
* Ten (10) or more years of experience negotiating and/or managing
commercial leases and the leasing process preferred.
* Demonstrated success in a Customer Relationship Management
* Strong understanding of commercial real estate and appropriate
* Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
including the ability to communicate effectively both internally
and externally to the organization; may include negotiation and
* Proven excellent analytical skills with the ability to manipulate
data, evaluate, produce complex reports, and make recommendations
based on detailed, complex analysis on assignments of significant
* Ability to think inside and outside the box for
* Ability to work independently and travel as required; expected to
be less than 20% of time.
Salary: $122,000 - $144,000
This position has a career path that provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and
provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and
their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal-opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. ?We
foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to
deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. ?National
Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid, Albany , Manager, Real Estate Customer Relationship (Hybrid), Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!