Company: GAT Airline Support
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Logistic Managers have the responsibility for establishing
safety policies, procedures and working conditions that affect the
employee on the job. Responsible for the immediate work environment
as well as the actions of all persons who report to them. Must
communicate all safety policies and procedures within their
operation. Direct and coordinate activities to provide a safe
environment for employees while maintaining fast and efficient
services. This position requires working in a fast-paced
environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure
goals. The operations manager must consistently display a
professional and positive image.
* Logistic Managers must be able to conduct monthly safety meetings
for all employees (without exception).
* Must be able to conduct flight audits, station audits and
"at-risk" behavior audits.
* Participate in monthly company safety conference calls.
* Able to communicate and instill safety awareness in all employees
including new hires.
* Work in conjunction with Customer to determine manpower
requirements for group movements, peak travel holidays, out of
scope and flight schedule changes.
* Oversee recruiting and placement efforts to ensure staffing
levels meet requirements and exercise the best possible effort to
follow any instructions provided by the Customer or their designee
regarding standards, procedures, and practices.
* Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including FAA,
OSHA, EPA, US Dept. of Labor and EEOC.
* Investigate, report and implement corrective action for any
incident of aircraft damage or employee injury and
conduct/participate in employee coaching and counseling as
* Oversee any disciplinary action resulting from or potentially
leading to termination in order to ensure proper documentation and
consistent application of policies.
* Coordinate purchases for operational necessities and ensure
adequate supplies are available to meet customer standards.
* Review final payroll and daily hours to ensure salaries and wages
remain within budgetary restraints.
* Monitor the impact of operational irregularities on such costs
and ensure out of scope is documented and approved accordingly.
* Conduct weekly Lead/Supervisor meetings, daily briefings with GSE
mechanic for equipment updates and timely repair, participate in
employee shift briefings and customer shift briefings or team
meetings as required.
* Observe and ensure full compliance of uniform and appearance
guidelines and inspect facility daily including supply rooms,
storage rooms, storage, break rooms, and office areas.
* Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to
ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to, shift
reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting
minutes, monthly summary report, pay to change notices, employee
evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting medium.
* Investigate all service failures including chargeable delays,
* Administer station operational plans such as deicing, FOD,
safety, winter operation, and baggage plans.
* Complete personnel evaluations on supervisors, administrative
assistants, and GSE mechanics.
* Liaise with all customer service, airport, USPS and our
* Respond to and/or investigate concerns reported by the customer's
* Perform routine visits to the various authorities to discuss
issues and concerns. Attend all local airport tenant, security and
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong understanding of Ramp Operation
* Must be at least 18 years of age and possess basic computer
experience (6 months+) and type at least 35 words per minute.
* 4-year college degree in a relevant field strongly preferred or
* Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work
experience, and a high degree of attention to detail.
* Ability to read, fluently speak, and understand the English
* Must possess good communication skills and a friendly, outgoing
personality in person and via telephone.
* Must be free of disqualifying crimes and able to pass a
pre-employment drug test.
* Must have reliable transportation and able to work weekends,
holidays, and days off.
* Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Airport/Aviation: 1 year (Preferred)
* Leadership: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: GAT Airline Support, Albany , Logistics Manager, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!