Nurse Manager - Pediatric Outpatient Practices
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Altamont, NY, United States
Department/Unit: Practice Nursing Operations Work Shift: Day
(United States of America) Salary Range: $83,075.20 - $118,053.00
Pediatric Outpatient Practices The Nurse Manager provides clinical
management oversight within the departments to ensure smooth
operation of the practice including adequate and appropriate staff
coverage, maintenance of clinical standards, and a safe physical
environment of care. Works collaboratively with the Nursing
Supervisor, Physicians, and Administrators to provide continuity of
care and access of care to the clinical care setting. Assures
regulatory compliance and provides education to the Nursing
Supervisors in each clinical setting. The Nurse Manager is
responsible for ensuring Nurse Supervisors maintain an efficient,
cohesive and productive work team within the Departments and to
help the practice achieve the institutional mission of high quality
of care for patients. Essential Duties & Responsibilities,
including but not limited to: Mission, Core Values and Service
- Contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring
environment for patients, families, and colleagues through displays
of kindness and active listening.
- Recognizes and appreciates that each employee's work is
valuable and contributes to the success of the Mission.
- Demonstrates excellence in daily work.
- Actively participates in performance and quality improvement
activities and works toward enhancing customer/patient
- Exhibits positive service excellence skills to patients,
visitors, and coworkers by greeting others in a friendly manner,
keeping customers/patients/colleagues informed about progress,
delays and changes.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork by interacting in a positive
manner with colleagues and creating a collaborative work
environment. Initiates open communication, conveys positive intent,
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients,
visitors, colleagues by following established procedures and
protocols, which address the needs of a diverse patient population
- Demonstrates stewardship by thoughtful and responsible use of
resources including maintaining a clean and hospitable environment,
starting work on time, displaying a consciousness regarding costs,
supplies and department finances.
- Demonstrates respect for individual differences of each person
by acknowledging the essence of each person, appreciating, and
responding to unique, spiritual, personal, and cultural backgrounds
of patients, families and colleagues. Operational Management:
- Monitors Nurse Supervisor performance through consistent
- Recommends opportunity for improvement, initiates training and
or corrective actions, focusing on the importance of maximizing the
- Ensures Nurse Supervisor can describe and demonstrate their
role and responsibilities for safety. Works with Division
Physicians, Administrative staff and Director of Nursing to ensure
compliance with The Joint Commission and any other governing
- Monitors and audits all tracking logs for compliance,
supporting Nurse Supervisors to correct and issues. -
- Escalates and persistent non-compliance to Director of Nursing
- Contributes information to the planning of operating and
capital budgets by analyzing program needs, considering resources
necessary for patient care and developing plans on both a short and
long-term basis. Implements department budgets after determining
fiscal requirements, projected needs.
- Reviews operational and analytical reports that identify
trends, opportunities and problems and suggests solutions.
- Monitors operating statistics for the department, adjusting
staffing, supplies, or capital expenditures to activity status.
Human Resource Management:
- Selects qualified and quality personnel.
- Mentors, counsels and disciplines staff to ensure quality of
work and adherence to hospital policies and procedures, while
engaging in and advocating for succession planning for nurse
- Establishes standards for all department personnel by
implementing criteria-based job descriptions.
- Conducts review of appropriate personnel to ensure current
required license, certification, or registration is maintained as
evidenced by meeting all minimum job qualifications and lack of
valid citations. Departmental Leadership:
- Provide direction and act as a mentor in assisting direct
reports to succeed.
- Be accountable for self-development and keep current on
clinical, leadership, education and healthcare topics.
- Participates in hospital committees, meeting established
- Actively participates in and supports hospital-wide functions
and activities in order to promote the organization.
- Conducts regular rounds and staff meetings with Nurse
- Ensures confidentiality of all patient and hospital information
is maintained by department staff according to established
procedure. Patient Safety:
- Monitors the compliance of professional, regulatory and
governmental standards and maintain liaison with administration,
quality, and risk management on regulatory agency investigations
pertinent to the nursing organization.
- Formulates, implements, and monitors the departmental safety
- Supports a system that encourages the identification and
analysis of errors and near misses in the context of a safety
- Assures all mandatory safety training is accomplished as
evidenced by training records.
- Conducts departmental safety inspections to assure compliance
with hospital safety standards as evidenced by documented
inspection reports. Is aware of and compliant with all hospital and
regulatory agency safety goals and objectives. Organizational
- Maintain strict adherence to the Albany Medical Center
- Incorporate Albany Medical Center Behavioral Standards and
Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Albany Medical Center Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description,
performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs
of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
improvement activities. -
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the
needs of the department. Thank you for your interest in Albany
Medical Center!--- Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to
Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners,
including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and
other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that: Access to
information is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum
necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure
shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to
accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with
Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure
that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Albany , Nurse Manager - Pediatric Outpatient Practices, Executive , Altamont, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!