Meat Manager - Albany Area Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 19, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.MEAT MANAGERJob SummaryResponsible for
managing meat department operations, managing meat department team
members, ensuring fulfillment of member orders, maintaining proper
inventory levels and merchandise displays, complying with food
safety and quality standards, and achieving meat department sales,
profitability and waste goals.The manager is responsible to
function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the
manager has responsibility to manage the entire Club, including all
Club departments, to ensure excellent Member engagement, to address
any and all concerns brought to the MOD's attention, and to
escalate any concerns, as appropriate. The manager could be
assigned as MOD 50% or more of the manager's scheduled shifts.Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to members and
ensures fulfillment of member orders. Responds to member calls,
answers member questions and recommends meat items.
- Manages meat department operations and team members. Holds
department meetings to update team members on club policies and
procedures. Creates work schedules and recommends hiring, promotion
and separation of team members in the department.
- Responsible for compliance with safety, sanitation,
merchandising and food quality policies and regulations.
- Meets or exceeds all budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Receives and inspects meat shipments. Conducts meat inventories
and orders meat supplies as needed.
- Maintains a full variety of meat products according to
presentation guidelines and utilizes available product movement and
variety reporting and checklists.
- Ensures all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Maintains the proper rotation of meat products. Checks
for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product
salvage policies and procedures.
- Trains team members on standards of cutting, processing,
weighing, wrapping, receiving and rotating meat products.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.Qualifications
- Knowledge as a Qualified journeymen meat cutter preferred
- Formal food service vocational education preferred
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, deli, grocery, meat, and/or management experience is
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an
attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age. Environmental Job Conditions
- Working in refrigerated and damp conditions (30-40
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. Regular
lifting of containers up to 80 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to operate safely power equipment and sharp
- Frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
- Long periods of standing with frequent reaching and
bending.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity for all qualified team members and
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical
and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or
blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender
identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Albany , Meat Manager - Albany Area Job, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!