Overnight Merchandise Manager Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 19, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.MERCHANDISE SPECIALISTJob
SummaryResponsible for club merchandising, ensuring merchandise is
available for sale in proper quantities throughout the store,
delivering a positive service experience to members, overseeing and
directing the work of merchandise department team members, and
acting as a key holder for the store and as the manager on duty.The
Specialist is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD)
as assigned. While MOD, the Specialist has responsibility to manage
the entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure
excellent Member engagement, to address any and all concerns
brought to the MOD's attention, and to escalate any concerns, as
appropriate. The Specialist could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of
the Specialist's scheduled shifts.Major Tasks, Responsibilities,
and Key Accountabilities
- Collaborates with other Merchandise Specialists to develop
effective and productive merchandising teams through selection,
training, managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating,
and disciplining, when necessary.
- Delivers a positive service experience to members.
- Communicates with managers regarding staffing levels and team
- Ensures merchandise is properly displayed and has appropriate
signage. Ensures merchandise is available for sale in proper
quantities throughout the store.
- Follows and executes company directives related to
merchandising, resets, and sales initiatives within the allotted
time. Ensure sales floor standards are maintained.
- Recommends merchandising changes to enhance sales.
- Operates a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Inspects
forklifts prior to use and follows established safety
- Maintains all club policies and procedures. Ensures that all
team members follow safety and sanitation guidelines. Validates
steel and pallet safety walks, and addresses and communicates any
identified safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Responsible for steel and pallet safety. Qualifications
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Forklift operator required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities, including supervising
cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and
- Prior forklift operating and merchandising experience
preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Open shift availability required.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about
continuously on hard surfaces. Frequent need to position oneself to
examine and/or scan merchandise, as well as to bend, climb, crawl,
kneel, push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb
ladders/step stools. Requires use of a pallet jack to pull and push
pallets. Requires operating a forklift.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually perform job in a comfortable environment surrounded by
moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in
order to be heard. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes in
freezer or cooler units. There may be occasional exposure to
company approved chemicals and cleaning agents.BJ's Wholesale Club
is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all
qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry,
national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic
information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or
familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Albany , Overnight Merchandise Manager Job, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!