Temporary HR Manager - Albany Area Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Posted on: April 19, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (HRM)Job
SummaryResponsible for management and administration of Human
Resource functions in a specified club location. Administers
programs, policies and procedures of the BJ's Human Resources
Department. Accountable for leading and administering the
hiring/onboarding processes, Team Member relations, payroll, and
training.The manager is responsible to function as the Manager on
Duty (MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility
to manage the entire Club, including all Club departments, to
ensure excellent Member engagement, to address any and all concerns
brought to the MOD's attention, and to escalate any concerns, as
appropriate. The manager could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of
the manager's scheduled shifts.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and
- Regularly provides direction and guidance to Team Members
regarding company policies. Acts as a mediator between Team Members
and management on conflict resolution and/or Team Member relations
- Controls comprehensive scheduling processes for all hourly Team
Members, ensuring a productive workforce is available within budget
- Ensures club payroll is completed accurately and timely weekly,
and ensures all payroll records are maintained properly.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the human resources
Clerical and maintenance Team Members.
- Actively recruits, screens, interviews, and hires hourly Team
Members. Recruiting efforts involve, among other things, using
newspaper ads, in-club hiring table, and visiting campuses of local
- Conducts Team Member orientations/training for all new hires.
Acts as the "on-site administrator" of intranet-based training and
communications system to coordinate club training needs (e.g.,
cashier training, safety, etc).
- Administers all personnel paperwork, including completing and
processing new hire paperwork, hourly wage increases, hourly
promotions, terminations, worker's compensation and unemployment
- Conducts benefits orientations and oversees annual benefits
open enrollment process.
- Handles Team Member's confidential information with privacy and
- Additional administrative tasks as required.Qualifications
- 1-3 years payroll, clerical or HR experience and/or 2+ years of
- Interviewing/hiring techniques, payroll background, counseling
- Demonstrated leadership capibilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training Team Members
and Team Member relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management, prioritization,
and multi-tasking skills required.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. There
may be a need to occasionally position oneself to sit, twist, lift,
bend, pull, reach and move files or boxes.
- Intermittent time sitting at computer workstation.
- Sometimes requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require
having to position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, and/or
lift and move heavy and/or awkward objects in excess of 30 pounds
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a
policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team
members and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national
origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information,
atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status,
pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Albany , Temporary HR Manager - Albany Area Job, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!