Project Manager I Electric Utilities
Company: CHA Companies
Posted on: June 14, 2019
CHA Consulting, Inc. is a highly diversified, full-service
engineering and construction management firm working to responsibly
improve the world we live in. With decades of experience, CHA
brings together the talent, technology, and partnerships to meet
our clients evolving needs. Located throughout the United States
and Canada, we provide a wide range of planning and design services
to public, private and institutional clients.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Project Manager I
focused on Electric Utilities clients for our Albany, NY
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management
and oversight of projects within the Industry & Energy group. The
project manager will manage all project aspects from development,
through engineering, construction and project close-out. Primary
functions include interfacing with the client manager, client and
project team. The Project Manager will work effectively and
efficiently to complete projects within the scope, budget and
schedule. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the
overall client relationship including any technical, financial or
logistical issues that may arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of gas
and/or electric utilities projects.
* Meets with clients and has strong communication skills.
* Project recognition and development skills.
* Coordinates with regulators and permitting agencies if
* Coordinates with multi-discipline technical groups during
execution of technical scope of work.
* Develops proposals including technical scope, project scheduling
and professional fee.
* Manages contracts, invoices clients and facilitates timely
* Manages, monitors, and reports on project financials and
schedules on a regular basis.
* Provides external presentations (i.e. clients, public, regulatory
* Completes field assignments when appropriate.
* Performs technical QA/QC and project coordination reviews.
* Develops and maintains new and existing client relationships.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
* Bachelor s degree in engineering, engineering management, or a
related degree required.
* EIT or PE preferred.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 6 years of utility experience required.
* Exposure to gas related projects required.
* Experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word & Excel) required.
* Effective oral and written communication skills required.
* Good interpersonal and leadership skills required.
* Ability to track and oversee multiple projects required.
* Strong ability to work and/or lead in a team environment.
* Ability to travel to project sites as needed required.
* Valid US driver s license required.
* Able to take direction and follow company and client procedures
* Self-starter; ability to grow current client workload and search
for/acquire new opportunities required.
* Engineering consulting experience preferred.
* Project management experience required.
* Strong understanding of utility working environments is
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly
talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer
a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for
our employees professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: CHA Companies, Albany , Project Manager I Electric Utilities, Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!