Regional Medical Director Needed in Albany, NY (Physician #)
Company: Landmark Health
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Responsible for providing the means, structure, and environment to
most effectively and efficaciously utilize the resources that are
available to ensure that all enrolled members have access to
appropriate medical care, and are provided with opportunities for
health promotion and health maintenance as an administration of
their individual Health Plan benefits in conjunction with
additional community resources identified as meeting member care
- Assumes oversight responsibility for all components of medical
- Assumes responsibility for the administration of all medical
- Oversees and participates in the development, documentation,
implementation, and interpretation of local medical policies and
- Clinical leader for oversight and support of all Care
- Leadership of the Interdisciplinary Care Team Meetings
- Oversees provider education, in-service training and provider
- Participate in Medical Director Conferences.
- Remain current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization
management, quality management, managed care principals and new
clinical developments and technologies.
- Interact with local attending physicians on application of the
Landmark Health model and issues regarding medical practice.
- Support the program within the community and assist in the
development of local business opportunities for furthering the
cause of the program.
- As the community representative, assist Landmark Health in
providing quality medical care and interact with colleagues,
families and patients in a professional manner.
- Resolve conflicts between physicians and among physicians,
members, and Landmark Health personnel.
- Meet/confer periodically via telephone or in person, with the
Program Director, VP of Medical Services and other Landmark Health
management regarding local issues including patient care plans and
authorizations for service.
- Provide Primary Care Physician Services to members in the event
that the member's PCP is unavailable.
- Maintain HIPAA compliancy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Doctor currently licensed to practice without
restriction in the state of practice, and has met or exceeded all
the credentialing requirements of a provider within the provider
- Current in the knowledge of geriatrics, utilization management,
quality management, managed care principals and new clinical
developments and technologies.
- Have significant experience in leading teams of physicians and
mid-level providers in delivering high quality, cost effective
- Experience in recruiting and hiring medical talent along with
continuous supervision of the medical care delivered.
- Ability to analyze staffing needs sufficient to care for the
- Experience in coaching members of the health care team to
provide excellent care or, if needed, determine deficiencies in
care and formulate a plan for improvement.
Keyphrases: family medicine jobs, family practice jobs, family
practitioner jobs, geriatric medicine jobs, geriatrician jobs,
gerontologist jobs, family medicine specialist jobs
Keywords: Landmark Health, Albany , Regional Medical Director Needed in Albany, NY (Physician #), Executive , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!