EMT ''$5,000 New Hire Sign On Bonus''
Company: MOHAWK AMBULANCE SERVICE INC
Posted on: November 20, 2020
**$5,000 New Hire Sign-On Bonus**Summary/Objective Employees in
this job role serve as representatives for the company in a variety
of roles and situations. This work requires knowledge of the
policies, procedures, and regulations that affect the company's
operations. These policies and procedures may exist in the form of
formal written guidance or through reasonable familiarity with the
common practice that exists in a particular operational area.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the Assign and essential
- Arrive punctually, fit, and ready for work in company approved
uniform void of issues related to inadequate rest, current illness,
injury, or impairment by any medication or other substance.
- Responds to calls when dispatched. Reads maps, may drive
ambulance to emergency site using most expeditious route permitted
by weather and road conditions. Observes all traffic ordinances and
- Account for and inspect vehicle, equipment, and supplies.
Resolve any vehicle, equipment, and supplies issues, within their
capability. Report all vehicles, equipment, and/or supplies issues
and current state of resolution.
- Uses appropriate body substance isolation procedures. Assesses
the safety of the scene, gains access to the patient, assesses
extent of injury or illness. Extricates patient from
- Deal with sensitive information in a discreet and professional
manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Communicates with dispatcher requesting additional assistance
or services as necessary.
- Determines nature of illness or injury.
- Visually inspects for medical identification emblems to aid in
care (medical bracelet, charm, etc.)
- Uses prescribed techniques and equipment to provide patient
- Provides additional emergency care following established
- Assesses and monitors vital signs and general appearance of
patient for change.
- Makes determination regarding patient status and priority for
emergency care using established criteria.
- Reassures patient, family members and bystanders.
- Assists with lifting, carrying and properly loading patient
onto the ambulance.
- Avoids mishandling patient and undue haste. Determines
appropriate medical facility to which patient will be transported.
Transports patient to medical facility providing ongoing medical
care as necessary enroute.
- Reports nature of injury or illness to receiving facility. Asks
for medical direction from medical control physician and carries
out medical control orders as appropriate. Assists in moving
patient from ambulance to medical facility.
- Reports verbally and in writing observations of the patient's
emergency and care provided (including written report(s) and care
provided by Certifies First Responders prior to EMT-B/AEMT arrival
on scene) to emergency department staff and assists staff as
- Complies with regulations in handling deceased, notifies
authorities and arranges for protection of property and evidence at
- Replaces supplies, properly disposes of medical waste. Properly
cleans contaminated equipment according to established guidelines.
Checks all equipment for future readiness. Maintains ambulance in
operable condition. Ensures cleanliness and organization of
ambulance, its equipment and supplies. Determines vehicle readiness
by checking operator maintainable fluid, fuel and air pressure
- Perform work as assigned by Communications, Operations
Management or Administrative Management.
- Customarily function as a medical technician to direct,
provide, or otherwise facilitate high-quality patient care.
- As delegated or requested by the on-duty Operations Management
or Administrative Management, perform other job functions as
- Promote a culture of safety for all employees, patients, and
stakeholders by adhering to workplace safety policies; observe,
correct, and report safety concerns and deficiencies to the on-duty
- Adhere to company, regional, and state policy while performing
any/all work. Representative Duties In addition to the essential
functions of the role, the following are provided as representative
duties performed by the Medical Technician.
- Relay operational issues regarding their crew, vehicle,
equipment, and supplies to the Shift Leader.
- Receive complaints from other agencies, facility staff,
patients, families, and others affected by the company's EMS
operations, and immediately notify the on-duty Shift Leader.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Complete the Application for Emergency Medical Services
Certification (DOH-65), including affirmation regarding criminal
- Successfully complete an approved New York State EMT-B or AEMT
- Achieve a passing score on the practical and written
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the end of the month in
which they are scheduled to take the written certification
- Knowledge and Skills required show need for high school or
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and radio
- Ability to lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250 lbs.
- Ability to interpret oral, written and diagnostic form
- Ability to use good judgement and remain calm in high stress
- Ability to be unaffected by loud noises and flashing
- Ability to function effectively without interruption throughout
an entire work shift.
- Ability to calculate weight and volume ratios
- Ability to read English language, manuals and road maps
- Ability to accurately discern street signs and addresses
- Ability to interview patients, patient family members and
- Ability to document, in writing, all relevant information in
prescribed format in light of legal ramifications of such
- Ability to converse in English, with coworkers and hospital
staff with regard to status of the patient
- Possesses good manual dexterity with ability to perform all
tasks related to the highest quality patient care
- Ability to bend, stoop and crawl on uneven terrain
- Ability to withstand varied environmental conditions such as
extreme heat, cold and moisture
- Ability to work in low light situations and confined
- Ability to work with other providers to make appropriate
patient care decisions.
- General knowledge of company operational policies.
- General knowledge of principles of Emergency Medical Services
- General knowledge of ALS and BLS equipment carried on the
company's EMS units.
- General knowledge of documentation requirements and additional
forms related to insurance and billing. Minimum Qualifications
- Must currently be certified by the New York State Department of
Health, Bureau of Emergency Medical Services as an EMT or
- Must demonstrate competency in assessment of patient, handling
emergencies using Basic Life Support equipment and techniques.
- Must be able to perform CPR, control bleeding, provide
non-invasive treatment of hypoperfusion, stabilize/immobilize
injured bones and spine, and manage environmental emergencies and
- Must be able to use a semi-automatic defibrillator.
- Must be able to assist patients with self-administration or
administer emergency medications as described in state and local
protocol. Preferred Qualifications Must possess and maintain Class
D New York State Driver License or higher or analogous equivalent
from another jurisdiction without record of suspension or
revocation in any State.
Keywords: MOHAWK AMBULANCE SERVICE INC, Albany , EMT ''$5,000 New Hire Sign On Bonus'', Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!