Nursing Home Rehab Aide Part-Time
Company: Centers Health Care
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rehab Aide / Department Assistant
Granville Center is actively seeking a motivated Part-Time Rehab
Aide to assist in our Skilled Nursing Facility's Rehabilitation
Department in Granville, NY.
The rehab aide requires a CNA license
The Rehab Aide assists in the delivery of rehabilitation services
under the supervision and direction of rehabilitation personnel
within the disciplines of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy
and Speech-Language Pathology as allowed by state and federal
regulations. Transports residents on active therapy program, as
well as assists in therapy-related activities assigned by rehab
personnel. Responsible for clerical duties assigned by the
Therapist Managers and other rehabilitation staff for timely and
organized maintenance of equipment, medical records, soft charts,
and other documentation. Basic computer work and data entry may be
- Assists in direct therapy service provision by carrying out
delegated, selected patient-related tasks under the direct
supervision of a therapist allowed by state and federal law.
- Transports patients/residents to and from the therapy
department safely and efficiently. Transportation responsibilities
include: advancing to the next resident if the previous resident is
not ready (notifying therapist when returning to department),
ensuring that resident's feet are on the footrests when applicable,
ensuring resident is incorrect wheelchair by checking name tag on
back of wheelchair, ensuring appropriate seat belt or seat alarm is
in place, ensuring oxygen tanks have sufficient oxygen and notify
nursing and /or therapy when low, transports one resident at a
time, and upon completion of therapy session returns resident to
unit, nursing station or dining room, if requested. Do not return
the resident to their rooms unattended unless instructed.
- Escorts independently ambulatory residents to the
rehabilitation department when requested.
- Provides additional physical help for patient transfer and
safety needs under the direct supervision of a therapist or
therapist assistant. Assistants do not perform clinical tasks
reserved for licensed therapists or therapist assistants.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the rehabilitation
department's physical environment and assigned equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of equipment in accordance with
infection control safety guidelines.
- Responsible for maintenance and replenishment of daily needs of
clean linen and other commonly used items. Returns used/soiled
linens to housekeeping per facility protocol.
- Completes assigned clerical duties, such as computer data
entry, photocopying, filing, answering the phone, retrieval of
therapy-related documentation and other paperwork.
- Maintains a record of equipment maintenance and cleaning
schedule as assigned by the therapist manager/s.
- Performs routine inventory and informs the Therapist Manager/s
of stock replenishment needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned by
the Therapist Manager and/or Corporate Director of
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all
assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services
required to meet or exceed the expectations of patients/residents,
families, caregivers and customers.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion, and respect to patients,
residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians,
administrators, and co-workers.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards, including but
not limited to HIPPA regulations and internal company policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year of experience in a
health care setting preferred. Current certification as a Certified
Nurses Aide (CNA) required.
- Writes and understands English; Basic computer skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to
interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Interested in assisting those in need, and enjoy working with
Granville Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 120-bed
rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the banks of
the Indian River, bordered by a quiet residential neighborhood on
one side and woods on the other. Granville Center is committed to
ensuring the highest quality of life for all of our residents,
helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. A mainstay of
Granville for many years, we're a community of friends, neighbors,
and family living life to the fullest. Granville Center is a proud
member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum
offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than
45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special
services including in-center and home dialysis, ventilator care,
and care for those with Alzheimer's. The Centers Health Care family
offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Renal Dialysis
Services, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and
Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care.
Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering
outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement
opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation
packages and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Centers Health Care, Albany , Nursing Home Rehab Aide Part-Time, Healthcare , Granville, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!