Orthopedic Surgeon needed in New /England area
Company: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Orthopedics opening in Albany, New York. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com At the forefront of
innovation in a wide range of surgical procedures, the U.S. Army is
an ideal choice for surgeons who not only want to advance their
careers but also want to advance the practice of surgery. From
groundbreaking work in regenerative medicine to the development of
3-D anatomical models to aid in surgical pre- and post-op planning,
the surgical advancements being pioneered right now by the U.S.
Army Medical Department are improving outcomes for their patients
and changing the practice of medicine.
- Examine, diagnose and treat or prescribe course of treatment
and surgery for patients with injuries or disorders with surgical
conditions, and perform required surgery.
- Provide consultation and advice to the command and staff
regarding surgical matters.
- Conduct and supervise direct patient care, and plan and execute
disease prevention and health promotion programs.
- Exercise command of medical units as provided by law and
- Perform special staff functions in health support for
commanders at all levels.
- Conduct medical research on diseases of military importance,
and conduct, supervise and participate in graduate medical
education and training of other medical personnel needed to sustain
a robust and readily available medical system. Unique duty
positions include: Chief, Department of Surgery; Surgical
Consultant; Medical School Faculty Appointment.
As an Army Surgeon, you have two distinct career options with the
U.S. Army offering substantial benefits: Reservist (part-time) and
Active Duty (full-time). A Reservist career places you in the
driver's seat allowing you more control of managing your time,
location, and career progression. An Active Army career comes with
a career management team ensuring that you have opportunities to
excel to include assignments that will propel you beyond your peers
with no overhead costs including malpractice insurance.
As a Reservist and in Residency, you are eligible to receive:
- A monthly stipend of over $2,400 while enrolled in an
accredited residency program.
- Up to $250,000 in qualifying loan repayment (up to $40,000
maximum per year) upon completing two years of qualified
- $75,000 Annual Bonus elected for 3 or 4 years.
- Low-cost medical care for you and your family.
- Additionally, the Army will not require any time of you away
from your Residency.
After Residency, you will serve with a Reserve unit in your
community. You will:
- Receive drill pay.
- Continued medical coverage for you and your family.
- Remaining loan repayment.
- Opportunities for travel in support of humanitarian
- Serve an estimated 36 days per year with possible schedule
If you want more than a part-time career in uniform, an Active Duty
- A $400,000 signing bonus paid over a 4-year Active Duty
- Up to $120,000 in qualifying loan repayment.
- Pay commensurate with a Captain (CPT/O-3) rank (or higher based
on your experience).
- Travel opportunities to include humanitarian missions.
- Potential for overseas assignments (Germany, Italy, Hawaii to
name a few).
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually.
- A military retirement system.
- No-cost medical care for you and your family and low-cost
I highly encourage you to reach out to discuss what Army Medicine
has to offer. We are not a hard sell team and love to talk about
the Army Medical mission and what it can provide you. We can put
you in touch with current serving and practicing physicians that
can share with you with their experiences and relevant advice.
Incentives presented are subject to change in amount and
availability and based on FY 21 approved incentives.
Keywords: Boston Army Medical Recruiting Company, Albany , Orthopedic Surgeon needed in New /England area, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!