Company: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SIGN-ON BONUS FOR PART-TIME AND FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITIES (Full-time
$1,500 at hire $2,500 after 6 months, Part-time $750 at hire,
$1,250 after 6 months)
In addition to meaningful employment in a public health dentistry
setting, Whitney Young Health offers a comprehensive benefits
package; including, generous paid time off, medical, dental, and
vision insurance, 401k with safe harbor employer match, free term
life insurance, and more.
Under the direction of the Dental Director or designated Dentist,
is responsible for providing quality treatment and preventive oral
health care to the patients of Whitney M. Young, Jr. Health Center,
Inc (WYH). Services provided may include assessment of oral health
conditions, dental charting, taking and developing dental
radiographs, removing calculus and plaque, applying preventative
material to teeth or other responsibilities as appropriate to the
profession and as approved by New York State and outlined in the
WYH Collaborating Agreement.
- Record and update medical history of patient.
- Examine patient, reports any abnormalities and/or medical
concerns to doctor. before proceeding with oral
- Render oral prophylaxis and fluoride treatments.
- Removing calcareous deposits, accretions and stains, including
scaling and planning of exposed root surfaces indicated for a
- Provide patients with dental health education on an individual
- Take necessary dental radiographs and properly expose, process
and mount the film.
- Perform dental and/or periodontal assessments as an aid to
diagnosis by the dentist and to assist the dental hygienist in
providing dental hygiene services.
- Polish teeth including existing restorations.
- Make assessments of the oral and maxillofacial area as an aid
to diagnosis by the dentist.
- Take impressions for study cases.
- Record dental charting of existing dentition and all treatment,
patient education and progress notes in the Dental Record,
authenticates all entries by placing time, date and signature in
the Dental Record. Navigate EMR as needed to fulfill job
- Create dental claim on EMR.
- Knowledge of Medicaid guidelines and provide treatment
- Disinfect and sterilize instruments used in the performance of
duties and keeps treatment area clean and orderly; following
infection control and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists the Dental Administrative Assistant with the
maintenance of the patient recall system.
- Screen urgent care and emergency walk-in patients, and take
- Maintain operatory Infection Control Logs.
- Maintain necessary supplies in the operatory.
- Participate in the Dental Department peer review
- Participate in the departmental and center wide performance
- Attend and participates in Dental Department staff
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA
compliance, corporate compliance and client
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and
federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all
accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the
Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited dental hygiene school and currently
licensed and registered in New York State. One (1) or more years'
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr., Albany , Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!