Dialysis Registered Dietitian
Company: Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Location: East Greenbush
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview The Registered Dietitian assesses, monitors, and
educates dialysis patients about nutritional needs, -then monitors
and evaluates interventions. Responsibilities
- Completes a nutrition assessment within 30 calendar days
following the patient's first dialysis session in the facility or
within the first 13 hemodialysis sessions.
- Develops and implements the patient's individualized,
comprehensive care plan based on needs identified from the
- Identifies specific interventions to meet nutritional needs
based on evidence-based guidelines, best practice and current
- Evaluates the current and typical diet and recommends a
nutrition prescription/diet order. Recommends adjustments as needed
utilizing diet preferences and assessment information.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about the role of
diet and fluid management with kidney disease.
- Monitors laboratory results in comparison with goals and
planned interventions. Reviews with the patient and makes
recommendations to the patient and IDT, including the
- Documents on the care plan at least monthly, charting progress
toward action steps.
- Participates in care plan meetings.
- Assesses patient understanding and success of nutrition
interventions; collaborates with the patient and IDT to revise the
plan as appropriate to achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinates nutritional care with nursing home personnel and
other professionals as appropriate
- Utilizes a patient-centered care approach, being respectful of
and responsive to patient needs while encouraging patient
- Documents thoroughly according to DCI policy. Documents patient
care and education via progress notes in the medical record.
- Participates in the QAPI process, documenting and attending
meetings per clinic policy.
- Compiles and develops educational materials to be used as
teaching aids in diet and nutrition education of patients.
- Identifies potential errors and hazards related to nutrition
care and communicates to other team members.
- Reviews ongoing research in kidney disease and nutrition;
shares it with health care professionals. Job Requirements:
- Must be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with the Commission
on Dietetic Registration.
- Minimum of one year's professional work experience in clinical
nutrition is required. - -DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities. - If you are having difficulty using the online
application system or would like to request other accommodations or
application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at - -or
615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a
discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation
can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations
where possible.For more information about equal opportunity please
see: -;;; and.
Keywords: Dialysis Clinic, Inc., Albany , Dialysis Registered Dietitian, Healthcare , East Greenbush, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!