Mental Health Therapy Aide
Company: All Medical Personnel
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Specialty: Mental Health Therapy AideLocations: Albany, NY
Shift: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. Duration: 13
weeksStart Date: ASAPJob Description
- Assists and instructs individuals in attending to personal care
tasks concerning personal hygiene, grooming, nutrition, and daily
- May personally bathe and groom individuals who are unable to
take care of their own personal hygiene needs independently.
- Ensures that sufficient and appropriate attire is available,
assists individuals in selecting clothing and in dressing
individuals who require help.
- Ensures that the food provided or selected is appropriate for
those on a special diet prescribed by a dietitian; feeds or assists
in feeding individuals who require assistance.
- Assists and encourages individuals to participate in physical,
social, recreational, educational, and other rehabilitation goals
to enhance the individual's recovery, and draw individuals into
fuller participation in the life of their family and
- Organizes and encourages individuals to participate in,
accompanies, and/or transports individuals to social activities
such as dances, picnics, shopping visits, field trips to cultural
and athletic events, and after school and weekend activities.
- Accompanies and/or transports individuals to medical
appointments as necessary.
- May assist in developing educational, vocational, and social
skills within the framework of the Individual's treatment/service
- May work with the individual and various human services
providers to advocate for and assist in meeting the individual's
work, housing, and schooling needs.
- Encourages and coaches individuals to participate in physical
activities, exercise, and athletic games, to promote physical
- Instructs and supports individuals in the performance of tasks,
such as shopping, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation,
and routine household operation and maintenance.
- May lead skills development or activity groups with individuals
and families as appropriate.
- May perform simple clinical procedures as prescribed;
administer medication; supply individuals in all settings with
individual doses of prescribed medication and/or monitor
individuals' self-administration of medication; count appropriate
doses of medication, and maintain medication records; and take and
record temperature, blood pressure and pulse rate.Qualifications
- Open-Competitive: High school or equivalent diploma
- Successful completion of a one year trainee program
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism when
interacting with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff
members.About UsAll Medical Personnel is a national leader in
healthcare staffing recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA)
as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our goal
is to simplify the Allied process with a flexible and personalized
approach. Our clients range from local, regional and national
healthcare organizations throughout the United States. Whatever the
focus of your medical career, we can help you find the perfect
Keywords: All Medical Personnel, Albany , Mental Health Therapy Aide, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!