Clinical RN Educator
Company: Elderwood at Ticonderoga
Location: Putnam Station
Posted on: August 6, 2022
This job is located in Ticonderoga. Join Our Team: Are you
looking to take the next step in your career? Overview: Do you love
to teach and assist others to learn to further their career?
Elderwood at Ticonderoga has a Full-time Clinical RN Educator
position available! This position is located in Ticonderoga, NY.
Clinical Instructor team members assist in ensuring the general
health and well-being of our residents by providing clinical
supervision and instruction as needed (while training or working on
the nursing units). The perks of working at Elderwood:
- Competitive wages
- Internal Referral Bonus Program
- An excellent benefits package; including health, dental, and
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- 401(k) with a match, paid vacations and holidays, and much more
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match,
Dramatically Increased Wages!, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and
Vision insurance, Uniform Provided Responsibilities: Clinical RN
- Plans and leads General Orientation Program which includes a
tour of building; presentations by department heads to acquaint new
personnel with philosophy of facility management and quality
assurance programs; overall operation and inter-relationship of
services; and information about the topics of resident rights and
abuse reporting, confidentiality of information, fire safety and
disaster plans, infection control which includes bloodborne
diseases and tuberculosis information , safety practices/toxic
substances, and needs of the elderly, ill and handicapped.
- Coordinates program development and implementation, and serves
as an instructor of the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training
- Coordinates Clinical Skills Evaluation testing for Nursing
- Serves as Program Coordinator for the Tuition Assistance
- Coordinates the schedules of Nursing Assistant Trainees for
written exam testing, and recording of certification.
- Schedules and presents training programs and ensures that
Nursing Assistants complete six hours of in-service education every
- Maintains records and data concerning Nursing Assistant
100-Hour Training Program.
- Plans, coordinates and participates with department heads as
needed to implement orientation programs for new staff in each
department. Base wages increase with experience! Qualifications:
Clinical RN Educator Qualifications:
- Credentials of a Registered Professional nurse with a current
NYS license required.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Experience in in-service education or skills in teaching; at
least one year experience in a long-term health care facility
- Ability to work cooperatively with personnel at all levels
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Personal qualities of enthusiasm; interest in needs of
residents, and quality assurance desirable.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
required. Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to
provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical
exemption from vaccination. EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for
positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical
disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal,
State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the
Keywords: Elderwood at Ticonderoga, Albany , Clinical RN Educator, Healthcare , Putnam Station, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!