Medical Imag Tech III-CT (Entry-Level)
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Department/Unit:C.T. ScanWork Shift:Night (United States of
America)Must meet the requirements by the ARRT and be licensed by
the NYSDOH; must be injection certified or eligible for injection
certification.Position Summary: The Computed Tomography (CT scan)
Technologist under the direction of the Medical Director and/or
Section Head, the Clinical Specialist, the Manager, and the
Radiologist performs technical procedures and assists in the
clinical evaluation and care of the patients in a fast-paced, Level
I Trauma and Academic Medical Center. The Computed Tomography (CT
scan) Technologist utilizes their specific modality to create
diagnostic images and provide their patients with a safe and
positive experience. Technologists support teaching and continue
learning as the technology changes for both themselves and others.
In addition to trauma and emergency room scanning, Technologists
perform CT exams on outpatients, inpatients (both stable and those
receiving intensive care), research patients and those patients
requiring specialized CT scan-guided procedures. The Computed
Tomography (CT scan) Technologists practice and enforce the
radiation safety measures in New York State Department of Health
code part 16. Essential Duties and Responsibility - Include but not
limited to the following: Maintains competent imaging skills in
practicing modality. Strives to grow and develop, creating a
professional, progressive Imaging department with a positive
atmosphere. Practices in compliance with Hospital /department
policy as well as New York state and accrediting agency's
standards. Assists Physicians in all aspects of procedures in their
assigned area. Provides a safe and positive experience for the
patient. On-call responsibility, if applicable. Rotates through
Main Department and all satellite areas. Acts as a mentor and
preceptor to new staff and students. Actively supports AMCH and the
imaging department in maintaining proper accreditations. Enters
patient data into computer systems accurately. QA's images and
patient information for accuracy prior to sending to PACS.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient
care appropriate to the age and special characteristics of the
patient. Obtains peripheral IV access and injects contrast
material, where required. Maintains stock supply and linen in exam
room. Completes light housekeeping duties, as needed. Demonstrates
knowledge of the patient BILL of RIGHTS, HIPPA, by incorporating
them into their practice. Participates in development and
attainment of unit, department, and divisional goals. Demonstrates
commitment to unit and human resource policies. Recognizes mission,
vision, values, and strategic direction of the institution.
Establishes and maintain maintains direct, honest, open
professional relationships with all health care team members,
patients. and families. Practices effective problem solving and
resolution skills. Actively supports Joint Commission standards.
Pursues validation of knowledge base, skill level, and decision
making and seeks guidance in areas of question. Completes hospital
and departmental required education. Other duties may be
- Communicates cooperatively and effectively to patients, family
members, employees, and others.
- Engages in interactive dialogues with the multidisciplinary
team. Seeks out the input of others to achieve consensus.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules and
- Documents patient care on established forms. Problem-solves,
performs exams, and interprets data.Mathematical Skills:Ability to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute
rate, ration, and percent.Professional Skills:
- Ability to be honest, to be punctual, and to perform the job in
adherence to the highest standards of ethical conduct as defined by
AMC and the tenets of the profession.
- Ability to be accurate in such matters as data entry, exam
documentation, and to use good judgment when performing the
functions of the job or when interacting with others.
- Ability to accept direction, carry out orders, to work
cooperatively with others and to avoid the creation of unnecessary
- Ability to adhere to AMC's policies, procedures, and practices,
and to utilize AMC's problem-solving processes for resolving
grievances or disagreements.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve potential problems to ensure
the continuity of appropriate patient care.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to improve job performance through
continuing education.Organizational Requirements:
- Maintain strict adherence to the Albany Medical Center
- Incorporate Albany Medical Center Behavioral Standards and
Guiding Principles into daily activities.
- Comply with all Albany Medical Center Policies.
- Comply with behavioral expectations of the department.
- Maintain courteous and effective interactions with
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job description,
performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs
of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service
- Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
- Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the
needs of the department.Education:
- Must be a graduate of an approved two-year AMA Radiologic
Technology School and a high school graduate (high school
+1).Licensure, Certification & Registration:
- New York State Registration in Diagnostic Radiography or
possess a limited permit to practice in the State of New York
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider, CPR or CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer certification
- Must meet the requirements by the ARRT and be licensed by the
NYSDOH; must be injection certified or eligible for injection
- Entry Level: Limited or no experience; MIT Level assigned based
on skill set and experience.Thank you for your interest in Albany
Medical Center!---Albany Medical is an equal opportunity
employer.This role may require access to information considered
sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and
partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health
Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York
State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure
that:Access to information is based on a "need to know" and is the
minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or
disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information
needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts,
consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be
made to ensure that information is adequately protected from
unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Albany , Medical Imag Tech III-CT (Entry-Level), Healthcare , Wynantskill, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!