RN / Registered Nurse / New York / Any / Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job
Company: Nurse Job Board
Posted on: January 27, 2023
(Reference Code: JAW1043) Exciting Psychiatric Nurse
Practitioner opening with a fantastic organization in Central New
York! This position is located just 30 miles outside of Albany, NY
and the organization is looking for a Psych NP to join their team
in an inpatient setting. This organization is a private, inpatient
chemical dependecy treatment facility that offers comprehensive
services for the treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse in a
tranquil setting conducive to recovery. Job Responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive history and physical examinations, and
compiles patient medical data, including behavioral health history
and results of physical examination.
- Evaluates and manages detox regimes for patients in our care
including writing orders and follow-up treatment as indicated.
- Evaluates and treats patients in our care as needed for medical
issues including patient education.
- Makes referrals to outside care/ facilities or orders
diagnostic/laboratory tests as needed and collects, interprets and
documents test results for patients readmitted back into our
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, routine
exams, suture removal, and wound care, and managing infection.
- Participates in treatment teams and develops and implements
patient treatment and aftercare plans, records progress notes, and
assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily
living, health maintenance, and addiction treatment. Preparation
and education of patients and family members for discharge
medications and instructions. Preparation of discharge summaries,
prescriptions and follow up tests and appointments.
- Individual case assignments, case conferences, treatment team
meetings, crisis intervention, educational presentations for staff
and patients, and additional duties assigned by the medical
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Post Graduate Degree - Masters in Psychiatric Nursing
- 1-3 years of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse
- NYS Nursing Licensed in detoxification/addiction nursing
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Suboxone Waiver For more information, please Apply Now or send
an updated resume to email@example.com!
Keywords: Nurse Job Board, Albany , RN / Registered Nurse / New York / Any / Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!