Supervisor, Nuclear Medicine
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Department/Unit: Nuclear Medicine Work Shift: Day (United States
of America) Salary Range: Min $38.53/hr - Max $63.58/hr The
Supervisor of Nuclear Medicine will work under the direction of the
Medical Director and/or Section Head in Nuclear Medicine managing
the staff while also performing procedures and assisting in the
clinical evaluation and care of the patients. The position utilizes
nuclear medicine to create diagnostic images and provide their
patients with a safe positive experience, supports teaching and
continues learning as the technology changes for both themselves
and others. The Supervisor will cover day to day operations in both
Hospital and outpatient area which includes all administrative
activities of the department including development and preparation
of budgets, reports, documents, payroll records, statistical
surveys, and other required data. The successful Supervisor will
also assist in training of new staff, students and AMCH Radiology
Residents. This position may be expected to cover call when
scheduled and Holidays along with other Nuclear Medicine staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains competent imaging skills in practicing Nuclear
Medicine and strives to grow and develop, creating a professional,
progressive Imaging department with a positive atmosphere.
- Practices in compliance with Hospital /department policy as
well as New York state and accrediting agency's standards.
- Assists Physicians in all aspects of procedures in their
- Provides a safe positive experience for the patient.
- Actively supports AMCH and the Imaging department in
maintaining proper accreditations.
- Acts as a mentor and preceptor to new staff and students.
- Enters patient data into computer systems accurately
- QAs images and patient information for accuracy prior to
sending to PACs.
- Strives to keep his/her performance level up to the standards
of management and leadership as set by Albany Medical Center.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring all employees under
- Responsible for preparation and review of employee performance
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director, is
responsible for the administrative activities of the department
including development and preparation of budgets, reports,
documents, payroll records, statistical surveys and other required
data and is responsible for their timely submission to
Administration or other agencies.
- Will keep abreast of new procedures, equipment and methods, and
will participate in their evaluation and application within
- Maintains and prepares master work schedules and assigns
personnel appropriately for all areas.
- Ensures adequate staffing to cover sick, vacation, holiday and
LOA time off.
- In conjunction with other Imaging personnel arranges for
preventative maintenance, quality assurance testing, and repair of
imaging and related equipment.
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director mediates
individual problems related to staff, morale, procedures, salary
adjustments, safety, and discipline.
- Performs Nuclear Medicine studies at least 50% of the
- Mediates individual problems and refers to the Administrative
Director of Imaging and Related Services unresolved problems
related to staff, morale, procedures, salary adjustments, safety
- Responsible for the timely submission of payroll documentation
on a weekly basis.
- Oversees departmental in-service program and the records of
attendance and topics of each session.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- In conjunction with the Service Director evaluates technical
services in Nuclear Medicine and along with the medical staff
ensures standards of quality are maintained in accordance with
those established by the Radiology Chairman and any state and
federal regulations that apply.
- Will attend Hospital Committee meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree Science Degree in Management or related field
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Nuclear Medicine Technology
Program in an AMA approved school - required
- 7-9 years experience in Nuclear Medicine - required
- 1-3 years of demonstrated record of progressive responsibility
- 4-6 years AMCH experience in PET/Spec CT - recommended
- Must demonstrate Teaching skills and Patients for training
Students/Staff and Residents.
- Must demonstrate and support AMCH Cares Policy and Mission for
not just the patients but for staff.
- Computer skills/I-site/Syngo/Kronos - recommended
- (N) ARDMS or ARRT - Nuclear Med Tech Upon Hire - required
- CNMT - Certified Nuclear Med Tech Upon Hire - required Thank
you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!--- Albany Medical
is an equal opportunity employer. This role may require access to
information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its
patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to
HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated
by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are
expected to ensure that: Access to information is based on a "need
to know" and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned
duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of
information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable
efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards,
shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected
from unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Albany , Supervisor, Nuclear Medicine, Healthcare , Athens, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...