Clinical Nurse II: D3E: MICU
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Valatie, NY, United States Department/Unit: Adult Medical ICU -
D3E Work Shift: Night (United States of America) Job Description
Summary The clinical Nurse contributes to the creation of a
compassionate and caring environment for patients, families and
colleagues through displays of kindness and active listening.
Recognizes and appreciates that each employee's work is valuable
and contributes to the success of the Mission. Hourly Range: $34.65
- $35.69 Job Description
- Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts
IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and
document treatment as required by company policy and
local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patients' conditions.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to,
- Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management
- Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and
non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as
- Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for
- Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards
of professional nursing. Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of a professional academic nursing program in which a
Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree is conferred
- Must hold current NYS Registered Nurse license
- Obtains and maintains certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous clinical RN experience in
Med-Surg or Progressive Care
- Excellent communication, prioritization, organizational and
- Possesses knowledge of quality concepts, principles, and
problem-solving tools and techniques and demonstrates ability to
apply in support of departmental and patient care quality
improvement. Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical
Center!--- Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer. This
role may require access to information considered sensitive to
Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners,
including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and
other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that: Access to
information is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum
necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure
shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to
accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with
Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure
that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Albany , Clinical Nurse II: D3E: MICU, Healthcare , Valatie, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...