Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - EmUrgentCare, Glenmont
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Department/Unit:EmUrgent Care - GlenmontWork Shift:Day (United
States of America)Salary range: $110,504 - $122,782
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
EmUrgentCare, Glenmont NY
World-Class specialty care closer to home.
Welcome to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to our
community each day. We have an exciting opportunity for physician
assistants and/or nurse practitioners to join our team.
An ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced
environment, both independently and on a team. This is a full-time
position salaried position structured as three, convenient, 12-hour
shifts. Every other weekend off is a 4-day weekend! This is an
onsite position at one of our Capital Region sites, with some,
reimbursable, travel between locations required.Primary Job
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical
- Collect clinical data such as vitals, specimens, point of care
- Conduct occupational medicine assessments
- Complete accurate patient coding
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports
- Serve as the on-site leader for clinical staff
- Mentor students and newer clinical staffRequirements:
- Registered Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with valid
New York license and registration
- Valid and current DEA licenseEducation Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse
- NCCPA Registration
- Applicable state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse
- Preferred 2 years' experience in an Emergency Department or
Urgent Care setting; New grads are welcome to apply
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and critical judgment.
- Able to respond to emergencies in a calm, reasoned manner.
- Use of the scientific process and national standards of care as
a framework for managing patient care.
- Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical
recordkeeping and billing system.
- Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of
others. - Must have excellent verbal and written skills and have
experience in and a desire to deal professionally with the public.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills are
- Must be HIPAA compliant at all times.Competitive Benefits and
- Paid hands-on training
- Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center
- Medical Coverage (CDPHP), Dental and Vision plans
- Located on main public transportation lines
- Paid Time Off
- AMC Pension Plan and 403B Retirement
- Occurrence Based Malpractice InsuranceAbout Albany MedBest of
the Capital RegionAlbany Med is at its best when our community
needs us most. - We've been voted Best Hospital in the Times
Union's annual readers' poll for two consecutive years. For more
information about Albany Med, visit our website at amc.edu and
interact with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and
YouTube.Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical
Center!---Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.This role
may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany
Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including
but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other
information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that:Access to information
is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to
properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not
exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an
intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med
Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that
information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Albany , Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner - EmUrgentCare, Glenmont, Healthcare , Glenmont, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!