Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
This position is located in the Department of Surgery, Urology Service at the Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, New York. This position is responsible for providing a broad range of urologic interventions to all Veterans. Each Urologist functions as a cooperative and collegial team member with the entire staff. If selected, you will be charged with delivering the best possible urologic care to our Veteran patients. This care must be delivered in accordance with hospital policy and meet community standards and pertains to outpatients as well as inpatients. Your basic responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Participating in and/or manages all aspects of a general urology program to include clinical, administrative, and academic components
- Managing a broad range of urologic interventions.
- Performing surgery as indicated for genitourinary injuries and disease including major and minor procedures, stone management, urology consultation for inpatients and outpatients.
- Maintaining good diagnostic, judgmental, and therapeutic acumen.
- Participating in a shared rotation of night and weekend On-Call coverage.
- Serving as leader and/or active member on Medical Center committees as requested. Work Schedule: M-F 7:00am-3:30pm, On-Call 1 week/month; 1 weekend/month; 2 holidays/year Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program, subject to availability of EDRP funding. Please contact Human Resources EDRP Coordinator at the Albany VAMC for more information.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification (ACLS):
- Appointee must obtain the American Heart Association BLS and ACLS prior to assuming position. Reference: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The physician should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan and educate residents. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to 4 hours) walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 2850, License
- Transcript VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: Required at time of application. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- VA Form 2850, License
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Albany , Physician (Urology), Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!