Physician (Chief - Critical Care/Pulmonary)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, NY (135 miles North of New York City) is actively recruiting for a full-time Physician (Critical Care/Pulmonary, Chief of Service). Albany VAMC offers the right candidate the opportunity to work with a wonderful population and a dedicated professional staff. Albany Stratton has 148 beds including acute/telemetry with an average census of 75% occupancy. Albany Stratton is affiliated with the Albany Medical College (AMC), providing first class training to students, residents, and fellows. Opportunity for an academic opportunity, cutting edge research, and excellence in clinical practice are in store for best qualified candidate. You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Management and supervision of Critical Care/Pulmonary Department;
- Attending responsibilities for the Medical ICU team (Medical Residents);
- Critical Care consultation in Surgical ICU (with Medical Residents and Critical Care Fellow);
- Teaching and mentoring medical students, residents, and Fellows;
- Inpatient consultations for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine;
- Must be eligible for an academic appointment with the Albany Medical College of Union University;
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and subspecialty certification in Pulmonary Disease is required. Work Schedule: M-F 8am-4:30pm, On-Call Evenings, Nights, Weekends Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The physician should be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan and educate residents. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to 4 hours) walking (up to 2 hours), heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- VA Form 2850, Medical License
- Transcript VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: Required at time of application. The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 2850, Medical License
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Albany , Physician (Chief - Critical Care/Pulmonary), Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!