Company: St. Peter's Health Partners
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Albany, New York, 12201, United StatesJob ID: 44556905Posted: 10/26/2018Position Title: Physician AssistantCompany Name: St. Peter's Health PartnersPractice Type: Hospital (including academic medical centerSector: Orthopaedic - PAEntry Level: falseJob Type: Full-TimeJob Duration: IndefiniteMin Education: Master's DegreeRequired Travel: NoneSt. Peters Health Partners is seeking an additional Physician Assistants for its teams at the St. Peter's Hospital in general and orthopedic surgery.
Responsibilities: The Physician Assistant: Orthopedics will:
- Assist in the surgery including first assist, deep and superficial wound closure, application of wound vac and any other procedures delegated by the supervising orthopedic surgeon.
- Perform comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Formulate treatment plan for orthopedic conditions within their scope of practice
- Perform compartment pressure measurements and digital blocks
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injections of joints, bursas and cysts.
- Perform closed reductions of fractures and dislocations
- Apply braces, casts, splints and other orthopedic devices
- Answer patient questions regarding post-op care, medications and support staff questions regarding patient care.
- Take call as scheduled (rotation amongst Physician Assistant team)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 p.m.
Responsibilities: The Physician Assistant: General Surgery:
Duties include floor management of the surgical patients in general surgery, colorectal, neurosurgery, and robotic surgery including gynecology/oncology and urology, as well as 1 st assisting in the operating room.
Positions available include:
- Day Role: Weekends: Schedule: Initial six month training on weekdays, then every Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
72 hours per pay period
- Day Role: Weekdays: Schedule: Days, evenings, rotating weekends, on-call nights
80 hours per pay period
- Night Role: Weekends: Schedule: Initial six month training on weekdays, then evenings and nights
80 hours per pay period
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should have the following:
- NYS Physician Assistant license
- Graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Board Certification
- ACLS and BLS, DEA certification
RECRUITMENT PACKAGE: St. Peter's Health Partners offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- 2 part retirement savings program with employer matching program
COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION: Discover an excellent work/life balance in NY's Capital District- a medium sized area offering all the amenities of a larger urban area in a beautiful, scenic, and affordable setting. A stable economic setting; we have a strong and expanding presence in healthcare of every type, in higher education, and enjoy a unique position as the capital of the Empire State. The Capital District includes the cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy- and the surrounding area includes Clifton Park and Saratoga Springs. The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports of all kinds, camping, hiking, and great skiing. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities, including several renowned museums (the Albany Institute of History and Art, The NY State Museum), theaters (Proctor's, The Palace) fine dining, and a year-round events calendar full with music and sporting events (The Times Union Center & Saratoga Performing Arts Center.) Excellent public and private schools are available, as are affordable homes and reasonable taxes. Higher education opportunities abound in our region with nearly 30 colleges and universities in the region and we are part of NY's Tech Valley.
- To the North: the largest state park in the nation: The Adirondacks: world renowned for hiking, skiing, camping, boating, and countless scenic vistas
- To the East: Vermont and the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts
- To the South: the historic and amazing Catskill Mountains, home to excellent skiing, camping, great fly-fishing, and hiking locations
- To the West, the beautiful Mohawk Valley & Central Leatherstocking Regions, home to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown
- Albany is centrally located: New York City: 2.5 hrs. Boston: 3 hrs. Montreal: 3.5 hrs.
- Albany is easily accessed via the NYS Thruway, Albany International Airport, and Amtrak
Come find out why Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of "America's Best Places for Business and Careers", and one of "America's Best Places to Raise a Family" and why Brookings has described Albany as one of its "Strongest Performing Metro Areas," why Portfolio.com calls Albany one of its "Best Markets for Young Adults," and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its "Best Places to Live" in the nation. And Livability.com calls Albany one of its Best Cities for Entrepreneurs for 2016.
Find out more at: , , , , , , . PI105482028
Keywords: St. Peter's Health Partners, Albany , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!