Company: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr.
Posted on: August 21, 2019
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES The physician functions in the primary
care group coordinating medical care, providing medical supervision
and direct patient care. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES Clinical
- Provides primary care directly, emphasizing accessibility,
health promotion, illness prevention and continuity of care to
patients presenting with both minor and complex health issues.
- Takes a complete history including medical, psychosocial,
economic, relationship and family status.
- Completes physical examinations, performs/orders appropriate
- Discusses health concerns/diagnosis with the patient and
together determines an appropriate plan of care.
- Develops reviews and approves clinical protocols and best
practice guidelines. Quality of Service:
- Documents all patients encounters completely and in a timely
manner.This includes proper documentation of phone calls,
prescription, and if applicable, the complete dictation of patient
visits for a session prior to leaving the health center.
- Adheres to clinical practice guidelines that are adopted by the
specialty group or an appropriate committee.
- Keeps medical knowledge current through attendance at medical
CME programs at least 40 hours per year.
- Maintains an acceptable level of compliance with clinical and
regulatory standards including medical record documentation per The
Joint Commission standards.
- Demonstrates appropriate interactions toward patients in a
manner that helps to put patients at ease.
- Participants in the Performance Improvement activities of the
Health Center through chart audits, development and implementation
of practice standards.
- Actively support the implementation of the Chronic Care Model
to manage patient with chronic illness. Team Work:
- Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to
provide treatment, ongoing follow-up and evaluation of the plan of
care with the patient.
- Supports established policies and procedures of the Health
Center.Makes recommendations and contributes to policy
- Starts patient schedule on time and leaves after completing the
work schedule including needed record documentation.
- Completes required documentation for referrals and
- Returns patient telephone calls within an appropriate time
frame based on patient needs and expectations.
- Performs other administrative tasks as assigned by the Clinical
Chief or the Chief Medical Officer. Miscellaneous:
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA
compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and
federal regulation, i.e. The Joint Commission, OASAS, NYSHD.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and
the Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services. TEACHING AND COMMUNITY
- Supervises the clinical practice of medical students,
residents, non-physician practitioners as appropriate and
contributes to the learning of students from other
- Acts as a resource to staff and the community regarding current
trends in health care as well as specific health issues.
- Participants in community activities and research designed to
promote health and prevent diseases. Requirements MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from an approved medical college and
completion of approved residency training. Current NYS license and
board eligible or certified in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or
Family Medicine. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS One to three years
clinical experience preferred. Bilingual/Multi-lingual abilities.
Experience in Community Health. Experience in delivering culturally
competent healthcare. Interest in on-going learning, best practice
development, and education. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected statuses.
Keywords: Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Ctr., Albany , Physician, Healthcare , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!