Director of Housekeeping and Laundry
Company: SC & BP Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID 191. Position Summary:
The Director of Housekeeping (Executive Housekeeping) position is
responsible for the planning, organization, development, and
direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping Unit in
accordance with direction from the Regional Manager, Vice President
of Operations, and facility management.Perform work duties in
accordance with company policies, federal and state laws, local
standards and guidelines, OSHA, and other applicable regulations.
Attend all company- designated training as required by manager.To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
2. Essential Functions:
- Maintains supplies and materials as required in sufficient
quantity for proper use.
- Performs daily rounds and spot checks of all areas of the
facility and evaluated
the performance of the staff. Complete QA reports daily.
- Supervises and develops staff competencies through on the job
- Orients new personnel to company and facility operational
formats, policies, and
- Keep BP&SC SERVICES, INC. upper management aware of all
events, changes, and problems within the department or those that
- Maintains time schedules, staff schedules, in-service records,
and all appropriate
documentation required by company policies and State and Federal
- Provides evaluations on staff members at appropriate dates
employment status, carries out any and all disciplinary procedures
and supervises training sessions necessary to increase productivity
and job knowledge.
- Attends weekly administrative meetings as required by the
individual facility and relay pertinent information to any and all
staff members as is deemed necessary.9. Controls, through expert
judgment and distribution methods, precise documentation and the
use of all materials, supplies and equipment.
10.Maintains established staff hours based on the Par levels
assigned to the department by BP&SC SERVICES, INC. upper
management. (Par hours are based on a 2-week pay period)
11.Interviews, hires, orients, trains, in-services, evaluates,
disciplines, and discharges employees.
12.Performs other job duties and projects as directed, including
acting in the capacity of Laundry Worker if the need should
3. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to articulate details of various job categories
within the department in a manner that will provide open lines of
communication between staff and the Executive Housekeeper.
- Working knowledge of all job classifications and the duties
thereof. The ability to perform the necessary job duties of all
positions for which the Director of Laundry Operations is
- The ability to provide positive leadership to staff
demonstrated by a willingness to participate, where necessary, in
their day to day functions.
- The ability to make decisions based on BP&SC SERVICES, INC.
standards and Administrative Management policies within the
- The ability to bend and sort soiled linen a minimum of 2 hours
- The ability to walk for extended periods of time, climb stairs
and push and pull up
to 50 lb. linen hampers and equipment as needed.
- The ability to lift 20 to 30 lb. bags of soiled linen to a
washing machine for loading
a minimum of 25 times per day.
- The ability to lift 10 to 15 lb. buckets of water from floor to
sink up to 25 times per
- The ability to bend at knees, waist, and neck, reach to place
and remove items
from shelves, and carry as much as 10 lbs. as far as 150 feet.
- The ability to fill out and produce necessary documentation on
a daily, weekly,
monthly and yearly basis to satisfy BP&SC SERVICES, INC.
standards and the
standards of State and Federal regulations.
- The ability to communicate clearly with BP&SC SERVICES,
management, employees, facility staff, department heads within the
your building Administrator.
- The ability to handle and mix various chemicals safely and
- The flexibility to be available to the facility on an on-call
around the clock basis in
the event of an emergency situation.
- Perform large volumes of work with high degree of
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
and in writing.
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively
verbally and in writing.
- The ability to plan, manage and organize multiple
- Basic mechanical ability is a plus
4. Education & Experience:
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is
- No formal education is required. A high-school diploma is
college is helpful.
- Previous experience in the Environmental Services industry is
essential, and on- site training and orientation will be
- The ability to provide and follow oral, written, and verbal
instructions is vital.
- The ability to work in a healthcare environment and conduct
professionally and appropriately as required.
- Directors are also subject to health standards required by the
facility in which
they are assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Quality Assurance Initiative
- Safety and Security Dependability Teamwork
- Customer Service Judgment
- Attendance/Punctuality Professionalism
- Oral Communication Problem Solving Ethics
6. Physical & Mental Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent stands for
extended periods, as well as pushing, pulling, walking, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, and sitting. Incumbent must be able to grasp
and handle tools and equipment required to perform regular job
functions. Incumbent is expected to watch and read gauges, dials,
or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly. The
employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. without mechanical
assistance. In addition, employee must have had a Mantoux test
within the last year and a current Hepatitis B vaccination. Both
will be provided by BP&SC SERVICES, INC. if not obtained
7. Work Environment & Equipment Used:
While performing the duties of this job, incumbent is regularly
exposed to hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, dirt, dust,
vibration and water. The noise level in the work environment is
usually above the norm. The employee frequently interacts with
residents, family members, and other personnel. The employee may be
exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and various medical
conditions, including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B. The role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Keywords: SC & BP Services, Albany , Director of Housekeeping and Laundry, Hospitality & Tourism , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!