Company: Elderwood at North Creek
Location: North Creek
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview: Don't Look For Job, Find a Career... Apply today! -
Elderwood at North Creek's Benefits:
- Increased Tuition Assistance Program for Clinical Tracks - ask
HR about our School Partners that provide the most reimbursement &
- Shift Differentials
- Full Benefits Package
- Employee referral program This position is located in North
Creek, NY. at the base of Gore Mountain in the Adirondacks.
Elderwood at North Creek is seeking highly skilled, respectful Cook
who desires to make a difference in the lives of our residents.
Cook Position Overview: Meal times are highlights of daily life,
and excellent nutrition and appetite appeal are central to the
well-being of residents and patients. Our chefs, wait staff and
kitchen staff prepare and serve delicious, wholesome menus. Shift:
10:30a.m.-6:30p.m. Join Our Team: Are you ready to change your life
with a rewarding career move ? Employee Perks!: Consistent work and
holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance,
Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance,
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!,
Substantial employee referral program Responsibilities: Cook
- Cooks review menus and production sheets to determine food
quantities needed for regular, mechanically altered and other
special diet needs.
- Prepare specified food items, as assigned.
- Cooks test cooked foods by tasting and smelling samples.
- Ensure that sanitation and safety standards are met in the
preparation, cooking and production line stages of food
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of specified equipment and the
general kitchen work area.
- Supervise food being cooked; ensures that food is held and
served at correct temperature.
- Cook assists with preparation of and distribution of
- Base wages increase with experience! From: USD $17.00/Hr.
Qualifications: Cook Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required. High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous food preparation experience required .
- Ability to understand and organize food preparation activities
- Ability to carry out cooking tasks at a safe and efficient
level of performance required.
- Knowledge of food preparation and production process
- Pride in quality of food and service necessary.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and good hygiene; health
status suitable for service of food required.
- Respect for residents' privacy and rights; respectful and
dignified treatment of residents required. Elderwood expects all
current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If
hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination. EOE
Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Elderwood at North Creek, Albany , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , North Creek, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!