Technical Consultant - Diagnostics - North NJ, West CT and Westchester County, NY
Posted on: January 17, 2020
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
LOCATION: FIELD BASED NORTH NJ, WEST CT AND WESTCHESTER COUNTY,
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to
create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier
lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition,
diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals,
Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests
and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Consultant within
our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Infectious Disease (ARDx- IDDM)
business located in NJ, CT & NY. In this field-based role, the
incumbent will assist ARDx IDDM customers with setup and
installation of their instruments/tests providing technical
training and support, including troubleshooting and validations (as
required), for ARDx IDDM products. This position will assist
Account Executives with evaluations, demonstrations and the
activation of new accounts, retaining at-risk and VIP customers,
provide maintenance of established accounts, and contributing to
the growth of existing accounts. This position will also provide
education of the clinical utility of our products in the laboratory
and/or Point-of-Care setting as needed.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbotts
Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional
teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support
diagnostic testing which provides important information for
treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
* Provide on-site technical and clinical training on all Abbott
Infectious Disease products, including instruments and visual read
* Provide on-site customer assistance in the performance of
validation studies in compliance with local, state, and federal
regulations, including CLIA, CAP, COLA, and TJC, on all ARDx- IDDM
products as applicable.
* Work with Technical Support to provide troubleshooting support as
needed which may include additional customer training.
* Independently perform pro-active account follow up as assigned or
as prescribed in departmental SOPs.
* Assist Sales with in-servicing and continuing education in key
accounts to ensure correct technique is maintained and that the
medical/lab staff understands the clinical utility and benefit of
rapid turnaround time of the product(s).
* Assist with product training of sales, marketing and technical
* Proactively identify at-risk accounts to Technical Services and
to the appropriate Account Executive/Strategic Business
Executive/Regional Director and recommend strategies and
suggestions to retain such accounts. Responsible for identifying
sales opportunities within accounts, both for new products and
expansion of current products
* Present professional educational programs to medical and
laboratory staff as needed.
* Attend and participate in company and professional meetings,
including conference and webinar calls.
* Communicate to peers new advances or changing trends identified
in the healthcare marketplace.
* Performance may be assessed using a combination of the On-TRACC
Program, including open communication with management, customer
satisfaction, account retention, account growth, AE satisfaction
and other relevant criteria.
* Requires at least 50% travel, and may average as much as 70%
travel, occasionally with less than a weeks notice. Occasional
weekend travel may be required.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or Bachelor of
Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or
* Registered Medical Technologist or Registered Nurse in state of
* Minimum of 5 years continuous experience as a Medical
Technologist in a clinical lab environment or as a Registered Nurse
in a critical-care or infectious disease environment.
* At least one year of related implementation or
* Competent in computer operation including Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook in addition to .pdf files.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including a
demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively teach complex
subjects to a diverse audience.
* Ability to work with a variety of people on multiple tasks is
* Management, supervisory, or POCC experience preferred.
* Advanced degrees and/or Sales experience preferred.
* 5 years of Medical Technologist or Registered Nurse
* Strong knowledge of the diagnostic industry.
* Proven excellence in customer service, training and
troubleshooting skills. Familiarity with infectious disease,
point-of-care testing, and an understanding of sales is highly
* Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments with minimal
guidance in an accurate, dependable manner.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best
possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years,
we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in
nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic
pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people
at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help
people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150
countries we serve.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES
DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to
Keywords: Abbott, Albany , Technical Consultant - Diagnostics - North NJ, West CT and Westchester County, NY, IT / Software / Systems , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!