Sr. Software Engineer - Resilience Engineering
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Sr. Software Engineer - Resilience Engineering Our team is
growing around the world. Learn more about the passionate
professionals that make up Genesys. See what careers we have to
offer at http://gsys.co/n8G030mN7lN. As we continue to grow, we are
now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Genesys Cloud
SRE team! The--SRE--discipline is at the cutting edge of DevOps and
cloud-native architecture. Our mission is to systematize
reliability and recoverability across hundreds of services running
at a massive scale. Genesys Cloud is in hypergrowth;--SRE--is a
handful of engineers inventing the tools and techniques to enable
our teams to keep up with the demand for our platform. This role is
also open to remote candidates located in Ireland. What you will
need to be successful in this role:-- You will need to have a solid
understanding of Spring, Java frameworks, Python and REST API
solutions, and architecture. You will also need to have strong
problem-solving skills which will enable you to make valued
contributions to our team and software platform. You need to keep
up to date with the latest trends in cloud technology, especially
as it applies to the AWS platform and its growing feature set.
Being detail orientated and collaborative will also ensure your
success in this role.-- What you will do:--
- Attend daily standups with team members for communication,
sharing of ideas and for supporting fellow team members in
resolving any blocking issues.
- Participate in code reviews across multiple services in an
effort to provide constructive feedback to help team members.
- Create and maintain various unit and integration tests across
- Always be on the lookout for improving existing services,
either with code changes and/or architecture changes.
- Our feature set sometimes requires collaboration with other
teams across the--Genesys--Cloud platform, you will need to
effectively communicate and work with other team members when
working on features
- The use of metrics and logging is very important to maintain
our microservices, this should be valued as a first-class component
in both new and existing development.
- Work with remote team members in designing, developing, and
testing features and functionality that include high scalability,
availability, and reliability
- A positive attitude and willingness to take on new tasks as
they arise-- The team you will work with:-- We are an extremely
knowledgeable and friendly team. We are always helping our fellow
team members with challenges and providing assistance with
solutions. We are very collaborative and support each other in many
aspects throughout the development process.-- What you will bring
to the role:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in
- Firm understanding of backend development, including REST API
and NoSQL solutions.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages:
- Java and the Java technology ecosystem
- Experience with Jenkins, Ansible, and Packer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.--
- Experience working with remote engineering teams.
- Comfortable taking the lead and driving projects with
cross-functional teams. Desired but not must have experienced would
- Be proficient with one or more cloud providers, including AWS
(Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, etc.), Azure, and/or Google
- Flexible work schedules and work from home options
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Income Protection & Life Assurance Covid-19 Safety for our
employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We
continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic
and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All
hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at
this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during
the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least
June 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the
opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.--
About Genesys Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion
remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100
countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology
connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service
on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a Service-----so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys
Cloud---, an all-in-one solution and the world's leading public
cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation,
scalability and flexibility. Visit--www.genesys.com . Genesys is an
equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression,--marital status, domestic partner status,--national
origin, genetics, disability,--military and--veteran status, and
other protected characteristics. #LI-DK1
Keywords: Genesys, Albany , Sr. Software Engineer - Resilience Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Galway, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!