Company: Tech Valley Talent
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Are you a Guru? Excited by what you do? We have a 24-month project
with our client in Albany, NY for a COBOL Programmer The resource
will be used to help keep the existing legacy Unemployment
Insurance System running while key Legacy UI Benefits & Employer
Support staff move to the NYS Modernized UI System project.
Day-to-Day Tasks include, but not limited to: The consultant will
be responsible for writing, testing, debugging new and existing
COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on program area knowledge, conceptual and
technical design specifications. The activities include, but are
not limited to:
- Design and write COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on previously
developed and approved program specifications.
- Develop and Modify DB2 SQL statements.
- Ensure application documentation is complete, organized,
accessible, and follows office standards.
- Write and test procedures, parameters and other specifications
required to implement COBOL programs.
- Develop or assist with the development of unit, component and
program test plans.
- Implement program changes and provides user support as
- On call and after-hours production system monitoring, error
diagnosis, debugging, and mitigation of issues.Mandatory
- Creates computer software. May specialize in one area of
computer software or may write code for many kinds of
- Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and
provides guidance to others. May have an advanced
- 60 months experience with structured programming in ANSI-74
and/or ANSI-85 COBOL in a mainframe environment
- 36 months experience with TSO, ISPF, in an IBM MVS environment
as a COBOL developer.
- 36 months experience application development using CICS COBOL,
DB2 SQL, and JCL.
- 60 months experience working with PPI and SSA data security
requirements (working with data contained in Employee Records in a
State Agency, Federal Agency or Private Organization) for
production system error diagnosis, debugging, and code
- 60 months experience in system analysis and program
- 60 months experience in program and unit testing.
- 60 months experience in independent on-call and after-hours
production system monitoring, developing and testing query
solutions, error diagnosis, debugging, and mitigation of
- 60 months experience in program code documentation, mentoring
and assisting other developers.
- Bachelors' degree in computer science, information science,
health science, engineering, or mathematics.Tech Valley Talent
(TVT) is an Information Technology (IT) Professional Services firm
located in Upstate NY's Tech Valley, Saratoga County. We have over
10 years of experience and are founded on the values of high
integrity, trust, honesty and commitment. We pride ourselves on
providing exceptional value to our clients by supplying and
delivering the best IT project-based and hourly talent across the
nation. Tech Valley Talent provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Tech Valley Talent, Albany , COBOL Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!