Company: Optimal Solutions and Technologies
Posted on: October 12, 2019
POSITION: Software Architect-10198
JOB ID: 3640-RCAT - 4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on
excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting,
Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering
services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be
externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business
knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the
aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense,
education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology &
telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen
to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
8 hr. work days with start time of 8:30 a.m. Hours may be extended
or adjusted to meet business requirements and maintenance
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
Harriman Campus, Bldg. 8 , Albany , New York , 12227
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS
Provide expert level software management/services for a large
3-tier Windows Server environment consisting of 400+ servers
supporting various health care systems. Candidate will have a
primary role in the managing, planning and migration of supported
systems deemed appropriate for migration to the NYS Enterprise Data
1. Provide analysis, design, deployment, configuration, integration
of systems, and diagnostic services for: SQL Server 2008 R2 & 2012;
Citrix XenApp; Interwoven Teamsite; BizTalk Server 2010; W2K8 /
W2K12 Server operating systems; proprietary OMH applications; &
COTS systems for a 3-tier Windows Server and Windows Server
2. Create, configure, and manage servers in a VMware virtual server
3. Provide direct support & technical guidance to OMH and
contractual software developers; other technical staff; OMH Central
Office & psychiatric center staff in the development of
applications and integration of applications with external systems.
Analysis & diagnostic support will require extensive experience in
4. Research, recommend, and implement best practices for high
availability of production systems including redundancy of systems
at a remote business continuity site.
5. Research, recommend, and implement highly secured configurations
for the OMH application and server platforms and report / mitigate
potential security faults.
6. Develop comprehensive documentation detailing system
configurations and relationships for use by OMH & ITS staff.
7. Implement and manage operating system & application software
patches across the 3-tier Windows Server platform.
1. 72 months - Experience in the analysis, design, deployment, and
support of the core architecture for Citrix XenApp including Citrix
Receiver & Web Interface. Experience should include Policy
modeling, integration with RSA two-factor authentication, and the
deployment & configuration of streamed and hosted published
applications for a health care organization.
2. 60 months - Experience in the installation, configuration, and
management of clustered SQL Server 2008 R2 environment consisting
of a minimum of 6 servers. The environment must have consisted of
at least 3 separate SQL clusters. Experience must include deploying
SQL Server Cluster on physical hardware platforms utilizing a SAN
as well as on a virtual server platform utilizing VMware.
3. 48 months - Experience in the configuration & support of
4. 84 months - Experience in the installation, configuration, and
support of a BizTalk Server Clustered platform for an enterprise
supporting EDI for financial and HIPAA compliant PHI data.
5. 48 months Experience in the installation and use of the BizTalk
ESB Toolkit 2.1 components: Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) and
ESB Management Portal for exception handling and failed message
6. 48 months Experience configuring the BizTalk adapters: SOAP,
SFTP, MLLP, WCF-Custom, WCF-WSHTTP to meet PHI compliant healthcare
and secure financial EDI transactions.
7. 84 months - Experience in the creation and configuration of
Windows Server 2012 R2 Clusters on a VMware virtual platform
utilizing SAN attached storage in a server environment.
8. 36 months - Experience in the creation and configuration of
Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS supporting .NET custom applications
& COTS software in a load balanced environment.
9. 84 months - Experience in deployment of custom .NET applications
and COTS software utilizing IIS web services.
10. 36 months Experience in deployment of EMC Application Xtender
document management system for PHI data.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for
positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin,
age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Optimal Solutions and Technologies, Albany , Software Architect-10198, IT / Software / Systems , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!