Senior Data Engineer
Company: Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2020
For more than 30 years, CDPHP has been providing outstanding health
care coverage in the Capital Region of New York and beyond. Based
in Albany, NY, the physician-guided not-for-profit offers plans in
24 counties. CDPHP cares deeply about the health and well-being of
its members as well as its employees. The company values integrity,
diversity, and innovation, and its corporate culture supports those
values wholeheartedly. At CDPHP, the employees have a voice and are
encouraged to make an impact at both the company and community
levels through engagement and volunteer opportunities. CDPHP
invests in employees who share these values and invites you to be a
part of that experience.
The Senior Data Engineer works as part of the technical data
management team, supporting the needs of data scientists and
analytic developers who are looking to build interactive
information systems, run queries and algorithms against distributed
data assets for predictive analytics, machine learning and data
mining purposes. In many cases, data engineers also work with
business units and development departments to deliver data
aggregations to executives, business analysts and other consumers
of more traditional types of data to aid in ongoing operations,
downstream data entities and build with an eye towards transfer of
* Bachelor s degree required. 7 years relevant experience may be
substituted for degree. Degree in Computer Science or a business
discipline is preferred.
* A minimum of five (5) years experience implementing large
enterprise level data and analytic solutions.
* A minimum five (5) years of development in medium to large sized
development teams covering a variety of creation and delivery
* A minimum of five (5) years experience with release and
deployment functions required.
* Experience implementing big data solutions or other analytics
* Prior hands-on knowledge of the following technologies is
* Shell scripting, PL/SQL, (Python, Java, C#, or Go) and automation
* Demonstrated experience with data warehouse architecture and
* Understanding of ETL Tools (Informatica or equivalent)
* Experience with cloud data technologies (EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift,
S3, and Lambda).
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, identify, implement and monitor
* Demonstrated experience in technical solution design and
* Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
* Good organization and time management skills are essential.
* Must possess strong leadership analytical skills.
* Strong influencing skills is essential .
* Healthcare industry knowledge preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, CDPHP will
not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s
race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital
status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal
record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status,
status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic
violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated,
active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal
veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable
Keywords: Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc, Albany , Senior Data Engineer, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!