Sr Account Executive - Insurance
Company: SAS Institute
Posted on: February 15, 2020
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services,
we inspire customers around the world to transform data into
intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries,
challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals in Chicago or
the Midwest to join our growing Financial Services Divisions as a
Sr. Account Executive. We are specifically looking for Insurance
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consultants, Sales and Business
Development candidates. This is a highly strategic position where
you will align internal resources and partners to sell and support
SAS services and solutions to prospective and current financial
* Position and leverage sales and business development
opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at
all levels within their organization.
* Develop a 12/24/36 month account plan for each key client in the
territory. Keys to success include understanding the client s key
business objectives, the constraints keeping the client from fully
realizing those objectives, how SAS could help the customer to
overcome those constraints, and the primary contacts within the
client who are charged with overcoming those constraints to drive
* Implement strategies for generating business development
opportunities within the territory based on the multi-year account
plan and the identified business needs of the client where SAS can
address those needs.
* Qualify each opportunity to determine SAS fit, the client s
readiness to purchase, and the probability of successfully closing
each opportunity by developing a formalized opportunity plan for
each key sales engagement.
* Partner with cross functional teams including technical sales
consultants, post sales consultants, SAS management, and SAS legal
to navigate sales engagements and close opportunities when
* Develop an in depth understanding of company pricing and
* Prepare quotations and proposals; working collaboratively with
his/her extended sales team to create and finalize contracts and
set time schedules for the provision of professional services and
* Accurately forecast revenues to ensure customer engagements will
* Lead research within a territory or account to uncover business
* Research on reference customers and appropriate solutions.
What we\'re looking for
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS,
Finance or other relevant discipline.
* Minimum of eight years of experience within the Insurance
* Proven success building a book of business and client references
through consulting engagements and business development
* Existing relationships and professional network at various levels
of client organizations.
* Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week
building rapport and working directly with customer(s) to solve
complex business problems.
* Ability to travel as much as 50% or as business needs
* Work location: Chicago, IL preferred; Midwest also
* Knowledge and fluency of the Insurance vertical to evaluate
territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
* Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a
sales plan at both the territory and individual client level.
* Understanding of business, analytical, and technical concepts
with the ability to communicate and relate SAS capabilities to
* Thought leadership in the Financial Services and Insurance
* Existing Partner contacts to support and surround the client s
* Innately curious and passionate problem solver.
* Growth mindset.
* One team mentality.
* Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may
be considered in place of the above qualifications.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core
values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values
that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total
candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills,
problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators.
Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States, and should not require, now or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be
considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this
position will be determined based on the applicant's education,
skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they
are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may
require access to technology or software subject to export or
import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may
obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for
employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law
compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in
the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow
us on LinkedIn
Keywords: SAS Institute, Albany , Sr Account Executive - Insurance, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!