Erie Taste NY Market Store Clerk - Grand Island, NY
Company: CORNELL COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
Posted on: February 16, 2020
This position will serve as the Erie Taste NY Market Store Clerk
and will work under the direction and supervision of the Taste NY
Market Manager and Taste NY Assistant Market Manager. Primary
responsibilities include assisting with management of inventory,
operation of cash register, cash controls, transportation of
inventory to the store, customer service, food service and record
keeping. On a daily basis the store clerk will inspect the store
for cleanliness, organization and refill supplies as needed. The
clerk is expected to discuss New York State and local
agriculture/foods with customers to engage them in these areas and
to provide information upon request about the food and farm
products sold in the store.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to clearly communicate (speak, read and write
proficiently) in English.
- Ability to complete basic math functions in a fast paced
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse public audiences
and maintain cultural sensitivity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a cash register.
- Must be able to drive personal or Association vehicle for
pick-up and delivery of product. Hand-cart or dolly may be used for
- Ability to lift 20lbs to 50lbs regularly with or without
- Ability to transport/move supplies and equipment, climb stairs
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to use or learn to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid NYS Drivers License and the ability to meet travel
requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings
and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Familiarity with windows-based software including use of
internet-based communications and Microsoft Office Suite including
Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and tactfully
through verbal, written and electronic methods.
- Ability and willingness to work with a high degree of
integrity, accuracy, organization, sound professional judgment, and
the ability to handle confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to follow procedures and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a retail environment which may include
lifting, moving, and/or transporting supplies, work related
materials, and equipment with or without accommodation. Ability to
stand 4 to 8 hours depending on shift length. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functionsPREFERRED
- One (1) year retail sales experience.
- Experience working in customer service and retail
- Understanding of basic marketing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with internet based communications.
- Knowledge of the organization, operation, philosophy and
objectives of Cooperative Extension.
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices.Essential
Functions:Administrative Coordination/Operation 95%
- Customer service greets, assists and serves the needs of store
- Store inspection, organization and recordkeeping. Must assist
in maintaining a clean facility.
- Cash Controls follow all procedures for proper management and
handling of cash.
- Replenishment of store supplies and inventory. Track product
- Receive and log scheduled deliveries.
- Assist with promotion of agri-tourism in Western New York.
- Describe the local farms, produce, food and products
- Maintain equipment, troubleshoot if necessary and call for
repair as directed.
- Transport self, and/or program materials and resources
necessary for performing position responsibilities.
- Prepare and submit accurate expense reports,
receipts/supporting documentation, and/or vouchers in a timely
manner per established policy and procedures.
- Prepare and submit accurate mileage reports and supporting
documentation in a timely manner per established policy and
procedures.Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned 5%
- In cooperation with the Supervisor, jointly develop and pursue
a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies
relative to position accountabilities and to address changes in
programming and association priorities.
- Participate in all required orientation, training, and/or
in-service meetings and trainings as scheduled/required.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of
Cornell Cooperative Extension including but not limited to
attendance at staff meetings, timely reporting of expenses, working
with other staff, general marketing of Cooperative Extension
programs and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and
punctuality.Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions
- Support the association to maintain a safe working
- Be familiar and strive to follow any applicable federal, state,
local regulations, association health and safety
policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate
hazards to supervisors when identified.EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied
to all duties and functions
- Conduct all programming and activities in accordance with the
Civil Rights Act, Title IX Rehabilitation, Americans with
Disabilities Act, and local, state, and regional affirmative action
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with
clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out
to diverse audiences.
- Represent Cornell Cooperative Extension to community leaders,
colleagues, volunteers, members of Cornell University faculty and
staff, government officials and the general public in a
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative
Extension policies, procedures and Cornell Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by
performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and
- At all times act in a professional Customer Service manner
including but not limited to business-like demeanor, tactful
communications, cooperative, helpful, positive and receptive
manner.POSITION DETAILS:Multiple positions available for the Grand
Island NY location. Hours may vary (part time and full-time).
Benefits may be available depending upon hours worked and length of
employment.#COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:$13.00 per hour.Excellent
benefits, _based on eligibility_, including:
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- NYS Health Insurance Program (including Dental Insurance)
- NYS Retirement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Group Universal Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Plan Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Voluntary New Yorks College Savings Program#APPLICATION
DEADLINE:Review of applications will begin immediately.Contact
Renee, Taste NY Market Manager, at716-773-0970 with
questions.#APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: ATTACH ALL DOCUMENTS AT THE
BEGINNING OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS To be considered for this
position, please:(1) Complete ALL sections of the online
application(2) Attach Cover Letter(3) Attach a Resume(4) Attach
names and addresses of at least 3 Professional ReferencesExternal
Applicants: (including current employees of other Cornell
Cooperative Extension Associations) Please refer to the "Applying
for a Job (External Candidate)" document for additional guidance
Applicants: Current employees of Cornell Cooperative Extension
Association of Erie County are considered internal applicants.
Please refer to the "Applying for a Job (Internal Candidate)"
document for additional guidance here:
Title:Association Tmp ProgramLevel:No Grade - HourlyPay Rate
Type:HourlyCompany:Contact Name:Kimberly AmeyNumber of
Openings:25Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among
Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture,
the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS
Law, county and regional extension service associations are
subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is
with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.Cornell
Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for
valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are
support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Notice to
Applicants: Please read the required Notice to Applicants
statement. This notice contains important information about
applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as
some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Part time
Keywords: CORNELL COOPERATIVE EXTENSION, Albany , Erie Taste NY Market Store Clerk - Grand Island, NY, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!