Team Member- Combos
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Back to search results
Location: Albany, GA
Shift hours:12 hour rotating shift
Team Members are system experts in their assigned area, and are
highly functional in multiple areas. Team Members must also ensure
efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous
improvement. Functions as a member of an area team which is
directly responsible for the efficient production of quality
products in the required quantities. Operate/change over specified
machinery in the assigned area. Team Members must have the skill
set to train and/or perform the tasks of other associates in the
area as needed. This job requires Strong Communication,
Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site
- Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause
- Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform
routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
- Performs and/or works with Maintenance to complete equipment
- Able to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production
numbers or waste performance.
- Keeps detailed log books: Performs all shift support
documentation in a quality matter
- Performs QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date
codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
- High degree of ownership for product quality: Performs all
standard quality checks & other quality related duties
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard
desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
- Understands principles of inventory control.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Understands production schedules, production computer systems,
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the
OPERATING ENVIRONMENT AND GUIDANCE:
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking
initiative with team along with other team members to train,
motivate and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written,
along with good listening and organizing skills.
- Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team"
attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
- Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable,
uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Minor Preventative Maintenance
Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine
repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting High degree of
ownership for product quality
Performs all standard quality checks & other quality related
duties, and escalates issues as appropriate Shutting down a system
due to a product quality issue, contamination risk, safety risk, or
Changes to work instructions.
Changes to team work schedules.
Changes to operating standards.
Shut down system or machines for non-conformities or poor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Self-Development - Ability to learn additional skills and
develop in role with additional responsibilities.
- Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably
resolve conflict with colleagues
- Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and
comfortably handle risk & uncertainty
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
- Applies some advanced skills to the position or
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and
techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most
complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under minimal supervision. May assist in orienting and
training lower level associates.
- High school degree or equivalent; In-house training required.
Completion of certification program may be required.
- 1 year of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical
and/or trade discipline
Lifting 25 kg.
Keywords: Mars, Albany , Team Member- Combos, Other , Albany, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!